• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Hype Check] SILENT HILL 2

Hype Check

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Kacho

The moment we've all been waiting for is almost here. Bloober Team's magnum opus will be unleashed in 7 days. Is it a curse? Is it a blessing in disguise?

365c1b7b43d7010bcbdca658b05386aec6fa05f6.gifv

But GAF, I have just one question...

200w.gif

The moment we've all been waiting for is almost here. Bloober Team's magnum opus will be unleashed in 7 days. Is it a curse? Is it a blessing in disguise?

365c1b7b43d7010bcbdca658b05386aec6fa05f6.gifv

But GAF, I have just one question...

200w.gif

There's only one word to describe Bloober Team, and I'm going to spell it out for you

As always today except for From Games or Resident Evil….

Wait for Reviews and impressions. Will prolly buy if Gameranks likes it in their review and there don‘t come up things like the censorship from the latest Dead Rising Remake.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

I was always going to get it on day 1, but it's definitely looking better and better with every preview. Biggest issue I ever had was that the gunshot sound fx sounded terrible. Last I checked it seemed like they'd improved.

ssringo

I don't care about Silent Hill/I'll get around to it eventually/waiting for a sale

I enjoyed the classic Silent Hill games but I'm much more of a Resident Evil style survival horror guy. Hope it's everything fans are hoping for!

Had it pre ordered since it went live on cdkeys for £44.99 deluxe edition.

I hate the practice of putting early access behind a paywall (or anywhere) and used to just get more money from the customer for a game that probably needs patches anyways, but I genuinely would've bought this edition regardless as I'm a big fan and any extras are welcome.
Think it'll be the first ever deluxe edition with an art book I'll actually look at (digitally anyway, have others like Demon's Souls etc that I physically have) and definitely the first soundtrack I'll listen to.

I think it looks and sounds fantastic, my only concern at the moment is performance (on PC for me)
Stuttery jittery laggy performance will hurt immersion and experience. Please be good.

Last edited:
Never played the original, I bought it as a gift for my friend back in 2005 for PC and I only remember parts of the beginning. I know what the big plot twist is, but it’s not that big of a deal to me. I’m waiting for general reviews and I’ll probably get it on gmg (it’s 54€ there).

Kacho

Pretty hyped since I’ve never played the original or any of the Silent Hill games for that matter.
Enjoy. The jump from Silent Hill to Silent Hill 2 back in the day was insane. If you were there you know what I mean. Konami was putting out games with cutting edge graphics in those early PS2 years.

When is it coming to xbox?
is-silent-hill-2-remake-coming-to-xbox-heres-everything-we-know-so-far1.900x.jpg

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I have played multiple Bloober games and never walked away impressed or entertained. I hope I’m wrong and they knock it out of the park because SH2 is an all time classic but I’m not confident it will be good. DB sparking zero will get my money day 1.

Last edited:

AngelMuffin

Enjoy. The jump from Silent Hill to Silent Hill 2 back in the day was insane. If you were there you know what I mean. Konami was putting out games with cutting edge graphics in those early PS2 years.

is-silent-hill-2-remake-coming-to-xbox-heres-everything-we-know-so-far1.900x.jpg
I think I was like 20 when the first game came out. Not sure why I never gave it a chance since I loved the RE games. I know SH isn’t as action oriented so maybe the game just freaked me out at the time.

McGILLAZ

I'm very interested in playing this remake in a week. I'm still bothered by the fact that the game looks incredible sometimes, then there's the video of James smashing the glass in the bar (which looks awful) and then the horrendous muzzle flash on the pistol while he's shooting at the creatures in the pool - I'm really torn on how the game looks. Also, Bloober/Konami dropped a comparison video of the Flesh Lip boss between the Ps2 and the Ps5...it's not even close. The Ps2 version has a personality and charm that just seems void on Ps5 in what I've seen thus far.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I'm very interested in playing this remake in a week. I'm still bothered by the fact that the game looks incredible sometimes, then there's the video of James smashing the glass in the bar (which looks awful) and then the horrendous muzzle flash on the pistol while he's shooting at the creatures in the pool - I'm really torn on how the game looks. Also, Bloober/Konami dropped a comparison video of the Flesh Lip boss between the Ps2 and the Ps5...it's not even close. The Ps2 version has a personality and charm that just seems void on Ps5 in what I've seen thus far.
And what's your take on remake soundtrack so far? They released a preview of it on Silent Hill official YT. :messenger_winking_tongue:

McGILLAZ

And what's your take on remake soundtrack so far? They released a preview of it on Silent Hill official YT. :messenger_winking_tongue:
I listened to it yesterday - hard to say without hearing it in game. It definitely is different. This is a tough one for me..i originally played SH2 on Xbox decades ago and it struck a nerve, the same way I felt finishing OoT, Resident Evil 4, or MGS:Snake Eater...it was one of the first soundtracks I ever imported from Japan, I just fell in love with the story, the characters and dark & moody the whole thing is. I've gone back and forth between being baffled on why this would be remade...and I'm no fan of Bloober, but it looks to be shaping up decently. I just wish Konami would do right by those of us that want easily accessible ways to play the originals.

Top Bottom