• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am the effin Cat

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Have you ever wanted to embody a spawn of hell? Well look no further, I Am Cat is here in early access for the Quest.

In all seriousness, my daughter has been on this game all weekend, so I decided to give it a go and tell you about it. I was pleasantly surprised with the game. Screwing with your elderly owner is quite entertaining. The locomotion mechanics are well done (sort of like gorilla tag) with you pouncing and climbing around like....well a cat. Knocking shit off the counters, jumping in your owners hair, "cat"walking across high shelves is all here as you would expect. The quest system is simplistic, but does allow for some progression to give you a sense of purpose. The cartoony graphic style lends itself well to the content and allows for smooth performance. Simple but fun gameplay that I think is worth the asking price of $15.

I do have a few criticisms as well. The game being in early access does mean there are a few bugs. Occasionally, I will encounter some issues while trying to climb. I had one case where there was some graphical glitching on my paw, but a restart remedied the issue. It being a sandbox game, means you are not going to get any type of engadging story. Not a huge environment, hopefully they add more content in the future.

Edit: I forgot to mention this. The granny can kind of be terrifying.

I do recommend checking it out if you enjoy these mechanic driven experiences or really like cats. You can use my referral for 25% off or check out my linktree for a full list of discounts for quest games.

www.linktr.ee/markgulfcoast

Last edited:
Top Bottom