• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I bought two cds today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuri

Banned
Velvet Revolver - Contrabands
The Jet - Get Born

So far VR is really fucking good. I like it a lot. I bought it just because of the hype and so far I really like the oldschool yet modern rock sound

I give VR: Contraband two thumbs up

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Diablos said:
Mainstream trash :D

Dont you ever listen to mainstream trash?

Diablos said:
Mainstream trash :D

why are you so mean-o?

But yeah, both of those are trash. Not because they're mainstream, but because they suck. Especially Jet. They haven't done one original song.

But if you're happy with those purchases, that's what matters I guess.

While I've only heard one song from Jet (Are you gonna be my girl), it sounds like a huge rip-off, first of Iggy Pop, and even more so of the B'z Negai (which I view as a somewhat homage to Iggy, considering it goes off in a different direction after the recognizable part) with the same chord progressions and everything (albeit faster).

[edit]Though I don't know how likely it is that they ever even heard them, come to think of it. I just found them to be quite similar.

Diablos

The :D indicated that I'm just fucking w/ you.

But it really is mainstream trash. But um, to each his own.
I like the 192kbps joke, LMFAO.

Matrix: Of course I do. But I'm a picky son of a bitch.

Star Power, wtf? "Why are you so mean-o"? Next line... "but yeah man, those SUCK" - hahaha

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't heard much of Velvet Revolver, but Jet is very much trash and also fairly mainstream. He wasn't incorrect :p

Velvet Revolver is the Weiland/Slash etc deal, right? I think the only song of theirs that I've heard is the "Money" cover from the Italian Job. While it wasn't horrible, what the fuck are you covering Pink Floyd for? You aren't going to do it any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom