• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't access web-based email accounts or use Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

I posted this problem in the O-T forum yesterday, but I realize that was the wrong place.

Anyway, I am using a friend's laptop while I wait for my computer to arrive. I hooked up the internet yesterday and, while most things work smoothly, I am simply not able to access all that I should. Neither my gmail nor my Hotmail account currently work. When I go to either site, the same warning pops up that you would see when your not connected to the internet. With Hotmail, I can get to the login page, only to have it fail when I type my name and password. Gmail doesn't get that far before stopping my progress.

I also can't log into to Blogger, which uses my Gmail information, or Gamefly.

Firefox doesn't work at all for me.

I did play around with the Firewall to see if that was the problem. I completely disabled it with no different results. I allowed IE and Firefox to be exceptions, but nothing happened there either. I went to the "Advance Tap" and specifically allowed the POP mail things to work, along with disabled stuff like Telenet. Nothing is helping.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Google is no help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom