• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't sleep... what the hell is wrong with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Banned
Not just tonight, and not just lately. I seem to only be able to fall asleep when the sun is rising around 6-7 AM, no matter how much sleep I've been getting or how drunk I am at any given time.

In short, what the fuck is wrong with me? Now, in a perfect world this wouldn't be a big deal. I would go to bed around 7 or 8 and get up at 3 or 4 and go to work at 5. But life isn't perfect, the world is poorly made and I often have to get up before noon.

Seriously, what the fuck should I do? I'm against prescription medicines and likely wouldn't have the necessary capital for a doctor's visit and filling a prescription anyhow(I prefer to reserve prescription medicines for purely recreational purposes).

So what the blue fuck should I do? I'm considering working out like a fiend and seeing if that will tire me out enough to sleep. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Triumph

Banned
That's the thing, I can't get an accurate time on when I would NORMALLY wake up. I have to make myself get up around 11 or 12 most days. 4 or 5 hours of sleep isn't cutting it for me as I get older. I feel I need at least 6.

miyuru

Do you exercise?

Also maybe you're taking a little too much caffeine and just not realising it?

Oh, and make sure your bed isn't too hot/cold/whatever. I just got a fan in my room, and it's much easier to sleep.

I used to have a lot of trouble falling alseep in high school. Starting in college though, I am now a sleeping champ and usually fall asleep within 10 minutes of going to bed. Back in high school, it could sometimes take around 2 hours.

miyuru

Idle Will Kill said:
I used to have a lot of trouble falling alseep in high school. Starting in college though, I am now a sleeping champ and usually fall asleep within 10 minutes of going to bed. Back in high school, it could sometimes take around 2 hours.

Yeah, I've been like that for a while now :-\.

I agree with that method of staying up the whole night thing. Or you could just fall asleep whenever right now, and get up early the next morning (say 1 hour of sleep or something :p).

Triumph

Banned
I think it's general lack of exercise. It can't be caffeine, the only time I drink any is when I'm drinking jack and cokes(which is less often than you'd think, only about every other day as opposed to EVERY day).

I'm going to try and excercise right before I want to go to bed from now on. My roomie has an exercise bike, I think I'll lift weights and ride that thing for a bit.

Triumph

Banned
Well, after I managed to get past my birthday this past week, I think I'll be ok. Fucking everyone I know made it a point to buy me a drink(or two) for like a week. I think I'm in for smooth sailing, now. At least I'm not drinking and talking on IRC...

*whistles, looks conspicuously at CK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom