• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I cant stand Reality TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK

Real World was good (first few seasons)

I liked the osbournes also

but JESUS H CHRIST its like 4/5 new shows is some my dadas brother is a plumber but not really because hes an actor in a fake show that is being tapped in a local barn.

GAWD

I can see reality TV being like the HAIR of the 80s or the PUFF PAINT of the 90s

AKA no one had a life in the 00's

/rant

belgurdo

Banned
The reality shows of the 00s are the Millionaire clones of the late 90s, cop shows and ethnic "anti-Simpsons" sitcoms of the early 90s, Mystery action thriller shows of the 80s, etc.

Shinobi

"Reality" TV is the sweatshop of TV shows...cheap and easy to make, with plenty of suckers to buy 'em. The cost-effectiveness is why they'll likely never go away. You can blame that near actor/writer's strike a few years ago for that.

karasu

Those VH1 shows are worse with all of those cynical wannabe comedians and their blasted countdowns. That station is like a womens magazine.

well I like the I love series

just because nostalgia kicks ASS!

sad.gif

MoccaJava

Banned
I personally think The Amazing Race and Survivor are very good shows that deserve to be above "reality tv crap". They're well done.

Ozchin said:
What are you talking about!?! It's SO real!!!

It was fairly real until people started realsing they could become famous off of it (for a short amount of time). Now everyone plays up their characters or they're set up. I still watch the Real World even though you can tell the people are playing up their characters. And Amazing Race is really good just because it's nothing more than a race. They don't really have any "characters" to play. For the most part though reality shows are pretty terrible now.

Brannon

Watch one stint of Eco Challenge and see if you can stomach the so-called reality shows anymore. That race ruined it all for me.

And I want more of it.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
The only reality TV show right now that could remotely tingle my interest would be The Amazing Race. I wouldn't even dare to look at any other reality TV shows.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Heh, eco challenge rox. its like the ultimate Amazing Race. People fricken caught diseases while going through the jungle.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I agree,

Reality TV Should not Replace Quality Programming such as 24, CSI, etc
Reality TV however, does work great during the summer rerun months.

I like Summer because it gives me a chance to watch all the Reality TV that I wouldn't normally watch because I would normally have something better to do.

I find MTV's The Assistant hilarious. I don't know why, but I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom