• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I got the Kill Bill vol. 2 DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzim

I was able to get the DVD today from a friend :)

And it does have the deleted fight scene between David Carradine and Michael Jai White. It's humorous and very cool. It also features a behind the scenes that was on the IFC channel, and it has a primiere party feature which I have not watched yet.

EDIT: The cover is also better looking when you actually see it too.

evil ways

Small summary of the deleted fight:

Bill dispatches henchmen, Jai White jumps in, fight with weapons, switch to hand to hand combat, back to weapons, and finally a gruesome death

It really doesn't fit into the movie, but it's a great scene.

I don't know if I can stop myself from buying this, even with the knowledge that it'll be double-dipped from here to eternity. I want the best version possible, but I also really want to watch the movie... Hollywood's #1 marketing technique is deception and yet they wonder why people pirate movies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
when is the special two-in-one extended version cumming out?

Laurent

Guzim said:
Volume 1 didn't, but I'm sure Volume 2 will have David Carradine be nominated for Best Supporting Actor.
The thing is, no movie can't be nominated for the Oscars if it gets broadcasted less than 8 months after its theatrical releases. I mistakenly thought that it had something to do with DVD releases...

Sagitario

metsallica said:
I don't know if I can stop myself from buying this, even with the knowledge that it'll be double-dipped from here to eternity. I want the best version possible, but I also really want to watch the movie... Hollywood's #1 marketing technique is deception and yet they wonder why people pirate movies.

I'm waiting too...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
BigGreenMat said:
Is there a director commentary anywhere on the 2nd disc? That is what pissed me off most about the Vol. 1 DVD.

I sure hope so

ManaByte

Gold Member
Milhouse31 said:
http://www.dvdalliance.net/article.php?sid=7662 for the french in november ( and no it's not the director cut :( )

Uh, the theatrical cuts are the director's cut. The whole reason there's two movies is because QT got Miramax to shoot and release the movie as it was written. "The Whole Bloody Mess" (what they showed at Cannes) is the two movies back to back without end credits on part 1 and opening credits on part 2. The content is basically the same, aside from the violence changes made between the US and Japanese releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom