• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I guess the overstock deals were a pricing error :(

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent order, XXXXXXX from OverStock international online store.

The following items cannot be fulfilled for the following reasons:

Product Name Quantity Reason for Cancellation
PlayStation 2 - Wild Arms 3--SON72032- PS2 Wild Arms 3 1 PRICE CHANGED DRASTICALLY
Xbox - X 2: Wolverine`s Revenge--XB X2 Wolverine's Revenge 1 PRICE CHANGED DRASTICALLY
PlayStation 2 - Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits 1 PRICE CHANGED DRASTICALLY
PlayStation 2 - Def Jam Vendetta 1 PRICE CHANGED DRASTICALLY

We have credited your credit card for $21.57. Your credit will be posted to your credit card immediately. Nevertheless, please allow 2-3 weeks to receive credit card and/or bank account confirmation. In some instances, credit card companies take this long (and sometimes longer) to update the information. If the credit is not posted to your account in 2-3 weeks, please contact Customer Service.

Edit: And for the record, both my orders for 4 games were cancelled for the same reason. Too bad, the deal was too good to be true :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Grizzlyjin said:
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

The prices have changed at overstock.com to reflect what they're really worth. I think a whole lot of people are going to get fucked on this deal...either that, or just me and other canadians (maybe they're not honouring the mistake for canadian orders only? wait, that doesn't make much sense...i'll stick with the "everyone is going to get fucked" theory).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Pedigree Chum said:
The prices have changed at overstock.com to reflect what they're really worth. I think a whole lot of people are going to get fucked on this deal...either that, or just me and other canadians (maybe they're not honouring the mistake for canadian orders only? wait, that doesn't make much sense...i'll stick with the "everyone is going to get fucked" theory).

I can't really cry for the people that buy like 36 copies of something. In some ways it is sad, in other ways I wasn't able to get anything and I'm secretly happy. Yeah, I'm a bitch like that. But I feel bad that nobody was able to get anything. I guess the world isn't ready for game deals that go below $4.99. At the very least this deal showed me that I needed to update the credit card info on my overstock account, so I'll be ready for the next deal.

Crap, I don't feel like paying $19.99 for Wario Ware...I want it, but I don't want to pay good money for it. I was hoping all the $2 copies of it would drop the half.com and ebay prices.

According to my account page, one of the two Arc the Lad games I ordered have shipped. I don't know if the other Arc or Amplitude are gonna be canceled.

Ristamar

Grizzlyjin said:
I can't really cry for the people that buy like 36 copies of something.
But I feel bad that nobody was able to get anything.

That sums up my thoughts. It's a bummer for those who were just trying to get some titles they wanted. But for all the greedy bastards looking to make a quick buck on ebay...

nelson-preview.gif

HA HA!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mine is still in process. As far as I can tell in the huge ass thread on the cheapass forum, only 1 person got their orders cancelled, but they used Paypal

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think Overstock needed to find an excuse to screw over Canadians again :p It's like an universal rule

Wario64 said:
I think Overstock needed to find an excuse to screw over Canadians again :p It's like an universal rule

Yeah, fuck them. Arrgh.

Edit: Have canadians been fucked over by them before, on prior deals?

Hournda

According to my account page, my order is listed as "accepted" but each of the items are listed as "in process." So, we'll see I guess.

Flynn

Is that legal?

I get the feeling that you might be owed those games at those prices. I would check with your local Better Business Bureau.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Flynn said:
Is that legal?

I get the feeling that you might be owed those games at those prices. I would check with your local Better Business Bureau.

Check his email, it says they're crediting back

We have credited your credit card for $21.57. Your credit will be posted to your credit card immediately. Nevertheless, please allow 2-3 weeks to receive credit card and/or bank account confirmation. In some instances, credit card companies take this long (and sometimes longer) to update the information. If the credit is not posted to your account in 2-3 weeks, please contact Customer Service.

I doubt they can change the price if they're already shipped

Ristamar

Yeah, once they're mailed, I don't think they can alter the price. They have to notify you before shipping, and then re-confirm the order with the new price.

Flynn

Imagine finding a great deal at a store, taking the product to the counter and paying for it without a problem. Then, as you're walking out of the store, the manager forcably makes you return to the register and makes you get a refund.

I guess the difference is that you never took posession of the goods.

What's really retarded is that they were going to charge me A LOT more than what Americans would be cahrged, and I get my order cancelled. If anything it should be the other way around.

Flynn

This sorta reminds me of the "relative pricing" a practice in which vendors, like Amazon, can present their customers different prices based on what their customer data predicts you're willing to spend.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The chances seem good. Unless the website took more orders than what they had in stock, we should be good I think.

Grizzlyjin

Wario64 said:
People are confirming shipped orders on cheapassgamers now. Canadians owned again.

Whoa, so does that mean all the orders from Cananda were cancelled? Wouldn't that mean that some of the games would be back in stock...not at that $2 price of course.

Phoenix

Wario64 said:
People are confirming shipped orders on cheapassgamers now. Canadians owned again.

Yeah... its the canadians getting owned. Hopefully that frees up a copy of wario :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
My order just shipped. I expect Wild Arms 3 and Wario Ware Inc on my doorstep in the next 7 days

Dead

well not really...yet
still in process

/me crosses fingers

Edit: well looks like they already charged me, so shouldnt be any problems

Crystalkoen

Received confirmation email, order was shipped 9/29/04. Oh, and I got a pop-up advertisement (Flash style) for "Almost out of stock" Wild Arms 3... Sorry, Canada, but it looks like you got served.

Top Bottom