• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate slow torrents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck man thats gonna take days to dload.

Have you tried torrent seach engines.

Might be able to find another tracker with a shitload of seeds/peers.

siege

Banned
I've gotten used to the fact that BT is slow as hell. Not to mention while it's running it completely bogs down my cable connection no matter what the speed is.

However, if I really want something bad enough - I'll stress patience and endure the pain.

suikodan

I am not too impressed with BT. My upload is 3x the download... the last file that I tried to receive, I got 1500Mb down and 4500Mb up. WTF?

8bit

Knows the Score
Use a client that can throttle your upload bandwidth, otherwise you can end up saturating your line.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If you are getting crappy download speeds then either you are on a bad tracker/one with few seeds and a lot of leechers with less of the file than you or you havent set up port forwarding properly.

On new, really popular files (like TV episode) BT is constantly maxing out my cable modem.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It may be slow, but its still the best solution for Videogame music i've ran across.
Emule just seems to take FOREVER for any music. Unlimited Saga took 2 days!

DJ_Tet

Banned
Ghost said:
If you are getting crappy download speeds then either you are on a bad tracker/one with few seeds and a lot of leechers with less of the file than you or you havent set up port forwarding properly.

On new, really popular files (like TV episode) BT is constantly maxing out my cable modem.

How should I set up port forwarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom