• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have unopened DC games here! Which should I play right now?

I have...

Record of Lodoss War
Bangaio
Zombie Revenge
Space Channel 5
NFL 2K
KOF Dream Match 99
Alien Front Online
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX
Sega Marine Fishing
Tennis 2K2
and...

Maken X

I picked these up last February for $10 each and haven't bothered to play any of them!

Whoops! Had 2 Zombie Revenge in there!

Saturnman

Banned
Warm Machine said:
I have...

Record of Lodoss War
Bangaio
Zombie Revenge
Space Channel 5
NFL 2K
KOF Dream Match 99
Alien Front Online
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX
Sega Marine Fishing
Tennis 2K2
Maken X
and...
Zombie Revenge.

I picked these up last February for $10 each and haven't bothered to play any of them!

Zombie Revenge first... then the other Zombie Revenge after that.

MoxManiac

Record of Lodoss War was kinda fun...it's basically a Diablo clone. But the character walks like he has a tree limb up his ass and when you obtain heavier boots you hear this CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG as he walks.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Tip:

If you put in Zombie Revenge or Bangai-o you will likely never touch the other games.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
A lot of those games are pretty... meh now. Bangaio and Tennis might still be OK. The rest I would leave unopened.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
bangaioh. it's one of the most stupidly enjoyable games ever made. and it has a brilliant engrish script. play it.

hobbitx

Warm Machine said:
I have...

Record of Lodoss War
Bangaio
Zombie Revenge
Space Channel 5
NFL 2K
KOF Dream Match 99
Alien Front Online
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX
Sega Marine Fishing
Tennis 2K2
and...

Maken X

Whoops! Had 2 Zombie Revenge in there!

Record of Lodoss War is the dungeon crawling bomb! Probably one of the best Diablo clones I have ever played, pc or console. You might want to save it for later though, beat a few of your action games, then play Lodoss. When I buy a bunch of games, I always like to have a serious rpg title or two to fall back on.

w00t. I'm actually browsing the internet on my Dreamcast right now since I left my computer cables at home like a genius. Being lots of different places during the summer = meh. Anyway, Planet Web 2.6 Browser representing up in this bitch.

Of the games listed, I'd go with Bangai-O and Tennis 2K2. Bangai-O is fun and hilarious and Tennis 2K2 is still the best tennis game available. Yep, I like it more than Top Spin.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bangaioh is awesome and it has the best translation ever!! It's really fun, but it's not VGA box compatible :( Basically, you're this really really tiny ship, and you just go around blowing stuff up, and the more "in danger" you are, you can release more missiles that blow up everything on the screen. There's a lot of levels, but it gets REALLY difficult in the later stages.

If you just want some action fun, Bangai-oh would be fine. If you want to sit down and put some time into a game, play Record of Lodoss War, possibly the best dungeon crawler I have played (as long as you can stand the clanging of metal boots or use stealthy soft boots).

Plus, you get to have Parn, Deedlit, and other characters from the series in your party and you play as a very cool character from the series, even if he appears new.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
drohne said:
bangaioh. it's one of the most stupidly enjoyable games ever made. and it has a brilliant engrish script. play it.

Funniest game ever.

also saturnmans avatar is the best avatar ever.

Tsubaki

Diomedeskun said:
If you just want some action fun, Bangai-oh would be fine. If you want to sit down and put some time into a game, play Record of Lodoss War, possibly the best dungeon crawler I have played (as long as you can stand the clanging of metal boots or use stealthy soft boots).

What he said.

And also add Space Channel 5 to that list. People generally fall in one of two extremes. I happen to love every minute of it. Though Space Channel 5 Part 2 is infinitely better...

XS+

Banned
Stay the hell away from Maken X imo. Horribly-controlled FP hack/slasher with agonizing music and voices. (Nice-looking design on the disc though)

Maken X has a great many problems, but stick it in the DC and see if you like it. It can be pretty fun for a little while. It has terrible voice acting, but the look is pretty slick and the gameplay is fairly original.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
We have a spare monitor now so I used my VGA adapter to put the Dreamcast right next to my bed. I enjoyed Street Fighter but I realized I need to get some better games for my DC.

KoF Dream Match '99 is really KoF'98, the best in the series. Open that if you enjoy 2D fighters (then again, if you did you already would have opened it).
Bangai-O is really fun too, but obviously a simple port from a low-res system.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's the best in the series? I must not like the series then.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Bangai-O is really fun too, but obviously a simple port from a low-res system.

Whoa now, that's not true at all. The game was massively overhauled (visually) during the port to Dreamcast.

Top Bottom