• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I JUST BOUGHT AN XDUDE

Matlock

Banned
Halo! Panzer Dragoon Orta! Knights of the Old Republic! They're all back in my life, thanks to selling the GameCube!

Halo 2, here I come!

Mrbob said:
Yeah but in reference to Gamecube it is called correcting a mistake.

laugh.gif

This threads needs an official approval from Cockles. Where's the "welcome to the family" xdude -pic??

Project Midway said:
laugh.gif

This threads needs an official approval from Cockles. Where's the "welcome to the family" xdude -pic??

Indeed. I am disappointed to find myself about 10 posts into a 'I bought an XDUDE' thread with no official welcome from Cockles. Ah well, I won't steal his picture based thunder, but welcome to the family :) - Sadly, another family has taken a hit in the process :(

olimario

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Translation provided by OlimarioBabel:

Selling a Gamecube is weaksauce.

I'm over my console bias... More than you can say for yourself, I'm sure.
I'm not going to sell my current PS2, XDUDE, or GameCube.

Meier

There's really no reason to sell a system during its current gen. Owning all systems = the correct way to go.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Matlock said:
Halo! Panzer Dragoon Orta! Knights of the Old Republic! They're all back in my life, thanks to selling the GameCube!

Halo 2, here I come!
I feel sorry for you... should've kept the GC and waited till you had enough money for an XBox as well.

Matlock said:

You made a good choice. There's a lot of good games for Xbox.

I just picked up 3
Outrun 2
Kingdom Under Fire
Fable

BojTrek

Banned
I spell it X-Box... since the very beginning...

But anyways, enjoy the X-Box... AAA titles are coming out like crazy these days...

Ristamar

PhatSaqs said:
Hell yeah. I agree. It makes the games soooo much more enjoyable.

Yes, of course, thank you my psychic friend. It would obviously have NOTHING to do with the fact I'd be tripping over a normal XDUDE in the middle of my floor since I have no space to put the damn thing on my TV stand.

Living proof that it is possible to do something good and stupid at the same time.

If you weren't having fun with your cube at all, ever ever ever, fair enough. But having been a bit of a system seller myself in the past, I can only think of how you might regret it.

COCKLES

being watched
Project Midway said:
laugh.gif

Damn I've been out all day! :)

As Midway has posted the Welcome, I'll just leave you with...

xsmith.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Superb decision. I too like to sell things for $40-50 so I can still pay over $100 for what I'm trying to buy. It's called value, and it's so worth it in the long run! You just afforded yourself an extra Xbox game that you wouldn't have been able to purchase otherwise. And that single game is like a whole console's worth of entertainment.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Speevy said:
Superb decision. I too like to sell things for $40-50 so I can still pay over $100 for what I'm trying to buy. It's called value, and it's so worth it in the long run! You just afforded yourself an extra Xbox game that you wouldn't have been able to purchase otherwise. And that single game is like a whole console's worth of entertainment.

...and there's already so so many used Gamecubes clogging up the back rooms of game shops. Have you no pity, sir?

Crowza

Hey look someone's a junior member.

Nice try, but no. I've been a member of this board for about 3 years. I don't post much, and when the new vBulletin software was implemented my post count reset. Junior member, my ass.

Nice try to divert my point, though.

I stand firm by my conviction that using the term "Xdude" in place of "Xbox" makes you sound fucking retarded.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Crowza said:
Nice try, but no. I've been a member of this board for about 3 years. I don't post much, and when the new vBulletin software was implemented my post count reset. Junior member, my ass.

Nice try to divert my point, though.

I stand firm by my conviction that using the term "Xdude" in place of "Xbox" makes you sound fucking retarded.

If you were truly not a Junior Member, they would know the history of 'xdude' .

Xdude for life. When I go to the local game stores, I refer to it as the Xdude, just to irritate the clerks.

"can I help you sir"

"yeah, do you have any copies of otogi 2 for xdude"

"what"

"otogi 2. it's an action game for xdude"

"um, why do you say xdude"

"shouldn't you be looking for my game? it's for the xdude"

"that sounds dumb"

"no way, it's an awesome game"

"no, xdude"

"yes, I'm 100% sure it's for the xdude"

"..."

"that's right, bitch"

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I also bought an Xdude today, actually. No way in shit I'd trade in my GCN for it though. GameCube is my system of choice, but I've been really craving some online play, and my PC isn't really much of a gaming setup... so Xdude it was!

Crowza

I know the history of "Xdude" and it doesn't matter. If you could look back in the original "Xdude" thread, you'd know that I said that it was stupid THEN and it still is NOW.

If it takes me to the rest of my days I will continue my crusade against stupid slang. I have no problem using hip slang, I find it perfectly acceptable. "Xdude" is stupid.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Crowza said:
I know the history of "Xdude" and it doesn't matter. If you could look back in the original "Xdude" thread, you'd know that I said that it was stupid THEN and it still is NOW.

If it takes me to the rest of my days I will continue my crusade against stupid slang. I have no problem using hip slang, I find it perfectly acceptable. "Xdude" is stupid.

Whatcha gonna do when Nintendoods takes over this forum?

Top Bottom