• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just had the best SUB ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god the new lady is the best sub maker ever. It was perfect. Perfect meat to cheese ratio. Perfect amount of oil and vinegar. Perfect amount of spices and other things. God bless her.

Tritroid

Nah oil and vinegar can be really good if done right. Especially if they put it on top of the lettuce and it gets all mingled together. Oh yum.

Btw what is Publix? I don't think we even have any of those around here. All we have is Blimpie, Subway, and Quiznos.

Subway >>>>> most

akascream

Banned
There is a godly sub place just opened up in town called Gandalfos. They have this one sub with fetta cheese, bannana peppers, and different meats. The first time I ate one, I got a boner.

Ryck

Tritroid said:
Odd. I've never heard someone say that the best sub comes from a grocery store before... :p
The Ralphs (grocery store) by my house makes awesome Roast Beef subs , It's the only place I could get red roast beef subs...

ced

samus4ever said:

Publix is hands down the BEST sub.

From the bread, to cheese and meat choices ( fresh cut from the boars head deli there)

Not to mention they give you a huge sub, for 5-6$

If anyone is in the New Jersey area, the best subs are from Tastee's. There's 2 of them around route 27. I just had a honey roasted turkey with provalone cheese, lettuce, tomato, vinegar, and oregano today. VERY YUMMY.

Bob White said:
But that stuff stinks sooooo bad. If you can't eat it like it is, don't eat it. Just like mayo.

What? No, it adds flavor and enhances the sandwich. It's not there just to cover up the taste of the original sandwich.

Pubilx is by far the best sub in Florida. However, it does not hold a candle to the good italian subs I used to be able to get in NYC. There was a deli in Whitestone that made something called the godfather - the largest assortment of pork fat, cheese and generally a gagillion calories you could ever eat - and it was awesome.

Dyne

Error Macro said:
What? No, it adds flavor and enhances the sandwich. It's not there just to cover up the taste of the original sandwich.

Oil compliments the vegetables like in an Italian salad. Vinegar gives it just the right bite.

marsomega

If your in Miami, Florida, one great place to check out is Subrageous. Best. hot. subs. ever! Haven't been to Quizno's yet. I've also heard some rumblings about Schlotzsky's Deli, even though I've never been there.

ced said:
Im in Tallahassee, FL.

I think Publix is a FL, GA chain, but Im not quite sure.

You live in Tally? WTF!? Do you go to FSU? Why the hell don't you hang out with Agent Dormer, Meier, and myself? We all go to school up there. I'll be coming back at the end of this month.

ced

StrikerObi said:
You live in Tally? WTF!? Do you go to FSU? Why the hell don't you hang out with Agent Dormer, Meier, and myself? We all go to school up there. I'll be coming back at the end of this month.

I talked to Meier awhile ago, never did meet though.

Im done with school, but I went to TCC then took a few classes at FSU.

Send me a PM when you all are in town, or I'll send you one, whatever.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Schlotzky's Deli is not too bad at all. I've been there a couple times, and it's good, but not something I'd totally go out of my way to have (which I would have to, it's way on the other side of town). I'm a Blimpie man, myself. Their chicken cordon bleu is absolutely wonderful. I've heard that Cousin's makes a pretty good sub, but I don't ever go there. Subway isn't as good as it used to be, and they got rid of my favorite thing (chicken caesar). I ate at Quizno's once and it was an awful experience. Though I've been tempted to go back and try it again.

Local places are the best though. The Taco Shop, the sleaziest looking taco place in town, makes a ridiculously good grinder. And there's this "East Coast Style" place called Grand Junction that has the best bread, and some fucking amazing sandwiches. Too bad it's so expensive. But it's worth every penny.

Kuramu

where are some of you people from i'm wondering, because a sub without oil and vinegar is just a ham sandwich.

Meier

I just get a foot-long white bread with oven gold turkey, mayo, deli mustard, pickle chips and lettuce and it is the best thing in the world. Oil and vinegar = yuck.

Drek

best sub ever was the one I made for my girlfriend with some left over meatballs she had from a sauce she made. Big thick piece of italian bread, toasted and drenched in butter and garlic, loaded on the meatballs and sauce, followed by smothering it in fresh grated parmesian and mozzarella. I'd put that on the same plesure level as a blowjob, not too far off from sex.

Gattsu25

Banned
Bob White said:
That's not possible. Oil and vinegar = SHIT SUB!

definately will have to agree.

what I love is the sub place near me says oil+vinegar+black pepper = italian sauce

should add: sub place i'm talking about = Publix

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I concur with the Publix Sub love. Holy shit, $5 sub that's twice the size of a "Subway" Sub. And 2x's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom