• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just ordered The Longest Journey...

DMczaf

Got it off of Gamestop.com for $9.99

I keep hearing how great this game is, so i just said "What the hell?!"

So, how great is this game? ;)

Adventure games really aren't my favorite genre but I really, really enjoyed playing TLJ. I went on a cheap game binge a while back and it just happened to be one of the games in the ~$10 area that I grabbed. I was pleasantly surprised.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
YAY FOR YOU!!!

Longest Journey = My Favorite Adventure Game (non comedy) of all time!

FoneBone

Awesome, awesome game. Got it from Amazon for $10 a month or so ago -- one of my all-time favorites, and worth every cent.

DMczaf

I think I'm half way done with Chapter 5 now, really cool game so far. How the hell did I miss this one?!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I thought it wasn't that great as far as adventure games go...

somewhere towards the middle if I were to tranka ll pc adventure games I've ever played.

madara

Great blind buy! Warning for those with great tastes only, hehe
Yes an action hybird sequel to TLJ is coming, but definitely not soon,those take alot work.
But I'm sure it will hit before Elder Scrolls 4 will.

Belfast

I like it. Its a great game! But I admit I was a little disappointed that the "alternate world" is just a semi-generic fantasy/medieval type place. The "modern world" that you start out in is a bit more imaginative.

I want to order it from Gamestop too, but they seem to be having problems with the final checkout :(

Does anyone know of any good coupons BTW? Thanks.

I have wanted to play this for some time as well. What are the system requirements? My PC was pretty good about 2 years ago, but I didn't replace the video card, so it's about 4 or 5 years old. It still worked fine for Age of Wonders Shadow Magic last year, but that was an older engine mostly in 2D and very simple 3D.

I would also love to track down Jordan Mechner's The Last Express.

I used to be a huge adventure fan. The King's Quest collection was my first buy for my 486, and I played many of the Lucasarts games as well. I stopped playing them when I decided that their lack of replay meant you got little bang for your buck (in my high school SNES days), but I miss them now.

FoneBone

Diomedeskun said:
I have wanted to play this for some time as well. What are the system requirements? My PC was pretty good about 2 years ago, but I didn't replace the video card, so it's about 4 or 5 years old. It still worked fine for Age of Wonders Shadow Magic last year, but that was an older engine mostly in 2D and very simple 3D.

Minimum requirements are a Pentium 166 MMX w/32MB RAM and a 2MB video card. Recommended specs are a P2 266 w/ 64MB RAM and a 4MB 3D card. You're probably OK.

Top Bottom