• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I know it's LTTP, but I finally saw the movie Glass for the first time. And ehhh....

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I read as little about it as I could, but I did see the reviews were lukewarm at best. I had no idea going in which direction the movie was going to go. I was hoping for a Dunn vs The Hoard movie, but once you see them fighting within the first 15 minutes of the movie, I pretty much braced myself for a significant letdown, because that "felt" like a final confrontation and it was at the beginning of the movie. Though the movie was titled "Glass" so maybe I shouldn't have expected it to be about those two.

I didn't like it very much. I thought it was bizarre and took the comic book references to an even greater level than I expected it to. Almost in a mocking satirical kind of way. I thought once Glass started to enact his plan to break out of the mental institution the movie totally fell apart. So many ridiculous things unexplained like why any of Crumb's personalities couldn't close his eyes to stop the flashes from effecting him. They never explained how Glass kept getting out of his room without a key card(unless I missed it, I watched it at night so I was sleepy).

Too many twists at the end that weren't that interesting, and bringing the loved ones in(one for each character) took away precious screen time for the stars of the movie. To the detriment of David Dunn's character, they hardly developed him at all. It felt like McAvoy for 60% of the screen time, Samuel L got 25% and the remaining 15% was divided up between everyone else, including Bruce Willis.

Once all the stuff was developing outside the hospital, I really stopped caring how it even ended at all and when it ended I was left with no emotional feeling with any of it. A very wasted opportunity, to Split, which I thought was Shamylan's best movie of his career.

I didnt see Split, but loved Unbreakable. So when I saw the reviews for this, I was just "fuck all of this". I was so excited. I thought Shamayalananan was back, but alas. Its such a shame this didnt live up to Unbreakable.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I didnt see Split, but loved Unbreakable. So when I saw the reviews for this, I was just "fuck all of this". I was so excited. I thought Shamayalananan was back, but alas. Its such a shame this didnt live up to Unbreakable.

Split was very good. Shame you missed that one, it was the best of the 3 IMO.

Loved both Unbreakabke and Split and was just underwhelmed by Glass.

I posted a lot about it in the spoiler thread back when it was just out but basically I’ll just summarize: I felt the way things went down was underwhelming and I didn’t think a couple things that happened needed to happen.

I’m also not sure Bruce could have phoned it in harder than he did

Last edited:
Top Bottom