• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Love Bees

GhaleonEB

MightyHedgehog said:
This new?

No, that's from a previous updated. Dorkmaster is one of the guys on the Unfiction forums - whoever/whatever this entity is it decided to answer questions. The guys on that forum had a vote and sent one of the questions to it. Their site is toast right now, so I'm not sure which one went in.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Transmission Analysis:

Mission Parameters: I must reveal the truth.

Outbound:
My broadcast system is functional and expanding.
I will transmit to my crew daily until further instructions are received.

Successful transmission threshold:
2 recipients.

Inbound:
The voices are of unknown origin
I will continue my analysis and attempt to influence the source.

White Man said:
Any theories? Will it be worth me walking two blocks and looking like a nerd in the rain at 9am?

Two blocks? For Chrissakes, go.

I mean, the blogspot says "Are you going to be there when the axons go hot?" and imply she can't because she's in China ... there WILL be something there!!

People who finished the AI game got to go to advance screenings and got a special poster with the movie logo done with all the Cloudmakers member names mosaiced ... there might be freebies here, too!

GhaleonEB

DopeyFish said:
Transmission Analysis:

Mission Parameters: I must reveal the truth.

Outbound:
My broadcast system is functional and expanding.
I will transmit to my crew daily until further instructions are received.

Successful transmission threshold:
2 recipients.

Inbound:
The voices are of unknown origin
I will continue my analysis and attempt to influence the source.

Is anyone reading what other people post in this thread?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Teddman said:
The big surprise is...!?!?!

"I just found out what this was. I called the mall that it was pointing at near me, and they told me that its a photo op. You can get your picture taken with "Master Chief" and they give you a bunch of useless free crap like coupons and a Halo 2 poster."
http://caedmon.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5872&sid=5bd470319c964232e6aebcabca974642

Awesome for me, I feel bad for the people that were expecting more. Like I said earlier, I would be happy for a poster or pen or something. I mean did people honestly think there was going be an early release...

I don't really want the picture, I just want whatever free crap they can give me.

M3wThr33

Banned
That's only what TheKaptain0wnage said on G4TTV. Right now people are getting some calls and needing to confirm code words. The first set is all failures because the people were at the site BEFORE the codewords went live. Jersey is complete, though.

So, Cortana goes crazy...Earth gets destroyed...MC and friends travel to (another?) Halo and/or the Covenant home system....and travel back in time, using Cortana-AI imprint transferred via tachyon transmissions, to change history...via a bee website.......or have I just watched Star Trek IV and Prince of Darkness in the same sitting?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
M3wThr33 said:
That's only what TheKaptain0wnage said on G4TTV. Right now people are getting some calls and needing to confirm code words. The first set is all failures because the people were at the site BEFORE the codewords went live. Jersey is complete, though.

That sucks, so the D.C. people that were there at 6am got screwed? I guess my codeword is "hey_dad"

M3wThr33

Banned
I need to rest if I'm going to be up in time for the 4PM for my brother.
This is really fun, too bad I have no intention of buying the game.

Grizzlyjin

M3wThr33 said:
Basically, yes. That seems like poor planning. It would have made more sense to launch an hour earlier.

The date seems like poor planning to me. I mean down here grade school has started, so thats kills just about everyone that is 5-18. And then lots of people will be at work, killing the older groups. Only people I could imagine being at this thing are college students since UT hasn't started yet...then again I guess that is their target audience, so maybe its not that bad. :p

Hmm, I wonder how many people will be at this thing. I can just imagine a pack of nerds swarming through my neighborhood.

Deku Tree

M3wThr33 said:
Basically, yes. That seems like poor planning. It would have made more sense to launch an hour earlier.

It would also be poor planning to go to one of these sites without a cell phone.

M3wThr33

Banned
Being that unFiction is slower than a something doing something, I can't figure anything more out. Time for my nap. Alarm set for 3:20PM

SyNapSe

Crap, I had to actually go do work! :( I'm lost on what has happened.. so, people got words or passwords that need to be combined into a message, or something... ?

Trasher

Teddman said:
The big surprise is...!?!?!

"I just found out what this was. I called the mall that it was pointing at near me, and they told me that its a photo op. You can get your picture taken with "Master Chief" and they give you a bunch of useless free crap like coupons and a Halo 2 poster."
http://caedmon.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5872&sid=5bd470319c964232e6aebcabca974642

This cannot be true.....Bungie is not that stupid, there has to be something else.

GhaleonEB

Celicar said:
Is that it? Is it over?

Okay, the short version:

This page:

http://www.ilovebees.com/links.html

...is has grouped the GPS coordinates into clusters of seven. Each GPS has a time stamp, and when the time for the last one passes, the 'axion' is 'going hot' - and a message in the form of a sound file is being added. The bar at the top of each section indicates progress, and when it hits 2/2, a file is being posted. These files are additional clues to the puzzle.

So no, it's not over. :)

Dilbert

If anyone is going to go out to one of the coordinates, be sure to look at the updated coordinates page on ilovebees.com before you go. When the phone rings, you will be asked for "my name, and your name" -- the proper response is "Operator" (for her name) and the password for that coordinate from the website (for your name). If you do this, the progress meter goes up by one...and with enough proper responses, the .WAV files get unlocked.

Photographs with the Master Chief, my ass. Sheesh.

SyNapSe

-jinx- said:
If anyone is going to go out to one of the coordinates, be sure to look at the updated coordinates page on ilovebees.com before you go. When the phone rings, you will be asked for "my name, and your name" -- the proper response is "Operator" (for her name) and the password for that coordinate from the website (for your name). If you do this, the progress meter goes up by one...and with enough proper responses, the .WAV files get unlocked.

Ahh, that's pretty cool! It's a teamwork building excersize! Hmm, this game is fun but it's difficult to keep up with.

Vashu

Finally, some movement. Also, be sure to keep that I Love Beer site in check... I live in Holland myself, so I can't do all those things but keep an eye on other things ;). This is pretty fun :)

Anyway, 2 weeks for the next set of stuff I guess... 15 days and 12 hours left to Chunder.

http://www.ilovebeer.org

HALT - BUFFER UNDERRUN NOTICE GIVEN IN EXCESS

Control has been yielded to the
LOGICAL OVERLORD SERVICE REDUX.

This barrel is classified, and has a
STRONG BLACKBERRY AFTERTASTE.

PHASE 1 COMPLETE: Brown bottlenecking has eroded.

In ((4^((4+4)/4)/((4+4)/4))-(4+(4^(4-4))))/(4-(4^(4-4))) days this medium will oxidize.

COUNTDOWN TO CHUNDER:
(time counting down)

Make your decisions accordingly

Top Bottom