• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love manga and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FnordChan

...but this is ridiculous:

189664Anne-Frank-mockuplg.jpg

"Published by Kodansha in Japan, the Edu-Manga are biographies in graphic novel form narrated by popular manga characters such as Astro Boy. The first five titles Digital Manga plans on releasing here in the States include manga biographies of Helen Keller, Albert Einstein, Mother Theresa, Beethoven, and Anne Frank."

Astro Boy and Anne Frank, together at last! Hey, I suppose it could be worse: it could have been Marvel...

mtu-132.jpg

FnordChan, who is going straight to hell for that one

That's awesome.

Its not nearly as good as that, but I have a Marvel Comic telling the life story of Pope John Paul II. Sadly, no guest appearances by anyone cool.

Matlock

Banned
Man, this reminds me of the time that I found a fanfic with Goku and Anne Frank with Super Saiya-jin Hitler.

FnordChan

BobbyRobby said:
Its not nearly as good as that, but I have a Marvel Comic telling the life story of Pope John Paul II. Sadly, no guest appearances by anyone cool.

Ah, I remember that! It's a pity they didn't make it an ongoing series isntead of a one-shot, 'cause that would have guaranteed a Wolverine appearance in issue 2.

I think the edu-manga stuff is a good idea, and remember reading similar comic biographies as a kid. I just find the idea of Astro Boy describing the life of Anne Frank to be incredibly strange.

FnordChan

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Matlock said:
Man, this reminds me of the time that I found a fanfic with Goku and Anne Frank with Super Saiya-jin Hitler.

thats the first thing i thought of. i was like "omg someone actually did illustrations for that shitty fanfic??" then i realized it wasnt a fanfic.....it was real :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom