• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love the Onion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Duo

"Homosexual Tearfully Admits To Being Governor Of New Jersey"

"America's Sweetheart Dumps U.S. For Some Douchebag"

"Republicans Outraged By Inaccuracies In Metallica Documentary"

After all these years, it's still pure comedy gold. These guys are absolute geniuses.

What are your favorite Onion headlines? Post'em here. (Quoting articles is probably against the ToS..)

xsarien

daedsiluap
The rather timely, though-provoking piece entitled "Get Your Fucking Shit Off of my Desk," by Herbert Cornfeld.

GG-Duo

I loved their post-9/11 Special Edition - "HOLY FUCKING SHIT - ATTACK ON AMERICA". Which, imo, was 100% in good taste and was still hilarious.

An example of this balance is the article called, "America Longs to Care About Stupid Bullshit Again" (not an exact quote). The attached photo had a picture of Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, and other pop culture icons.

ohhhhh, and
"American Life Turns Into Bad Jerry Bruckheimer Movie"

belgurdo

Banned
GG-Duo said:
I loved their post-9/11 Special Edition - "HOLY FUCKING SHIT - ATTACK ON AMERICA". Which, imo, was 100% in good taste and was still hilarious.

An example of this balance is the article called, "America Longs to Care About Stupid Bullshit Again" (not an exact quote). The attached photo had a picture of Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, and other pop culture icons.

ohhhhh, and
"American Life Turns Into Bad Jerry Bruckheimer Movie"

I think it was "A nation longs to care about stupid bullshit again," and it had Gary Condit in there as well

cubanb

Banned
image_article2552_250x212.jpg

shoplifter

Bill Gates Grants Self 18 Dexterity, 20 Charisma

Marilyn Manson Now Going Door-To-Door Trying To Shock People

(sucks that they went to a subscription model)

Their Our Dumb Century headlines are the best:

German Jews Concerned About Hitler's 'Kill All Jews' Proposal

Dastardly Japs Attack Colonially Occupied US Non-State
FDR: "We Conquered Hawaiians First"; French Surrender

Nagasaki Bombed 'Just for the Hell of It'
Second A-Bomb Would Have Just Sat Around Anyway, Say Generals; French Surrender

New Medical Report Finds Heavy Petting Linked to Communism
Touching Selves, Others in Impure Manner Exposed as Bolshevik Plot

Kennedy Slain by CIA, Mafia, Castro, LBJ, Teamsters, Freemasons
President Shot 129 Times from 43 Different Angles

Elvis Dead
Is Elvis Alive?

Schoolteacher, Kitten, Three Dozen Orphans to Fly on Challenger Tomorrow

I always rather liked the "Ask a Navy SEAL" Q&A column. Who would have thought that most of those personal life problems you see threads about on GAF could be solved with a few pounds of C4 and a blasting cap?

Shinobi

"A Shattered Nation Longs to Care About Stupid Bullshit Again" is a great one. But nothing touches my all time favourite...

moon_tiny.jpg

Galaron

EA guy that we like
"Michael Jordon displeased with this month's burnt offerings."

The accompanying photo had MJ going in for a dunk with his tongue hanging out. But it was cropped so it looked like he was gagging on the fumes of a botched sacrifice. At the time, I was living in Chicago where he was treated as a god, so this one was particularly funny to me.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
it was something like "Jews Called Back to Egypt for Pyramid Duty"

or

"Christopher Reeves Set on top of Washington Monument"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom