• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love you Gradius V

robot

How awesome is this game - I just managed to get to the stage 5 boss. The crazy thing is I was on my last guy from the middle of stage 4 (the reappearing flesh took like 4 guys away from me). I managed to snag an extra man just when things were getting crazy towards the end of level 5 - but that boss was just too much. I didn't even have time to look and find his weak point - asteroids and bullets were everywhere.

This might be my favorite shooter yet. I honestly can't think of a single thing wrong with the game. Good times Konami....good times!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh yes, Gradius V kicks 10 different flavors of ass...

I'm still having a hard time with the final boss form of the Stage 6 boss. Wheel of death!

doncale

Banned
I cant get over how cool the arm boss on the 2nd level is with that remix old school lifeforce/salamander music :D

robot

TekunoRobby said:
Wait till you play this game 2 player. Now that's some mighty fine excellence right there.

2 player is good stuff - tho sharing credits/powerups makes it like 100 times harder.

I'm weak sauce, so I've been playing it on very easy. I just finished it on that last time I played so when I go back to it I'll work my way though normal.

Great game.

zmet

I'm really enjoying Gradius V (finally made it to stage 4 yesterday) but I still think Gradius Gaiden is a better overall game. Anyone know how many stages there are in Gradius V?

Elios83

Seven, plus a second tour in the upper side of the ship in the second level. Gaiden had 9 levels and better music overall.

Here is some love taken from Loop 7 in the game. This is true survival horror :) :

gv045.jpg

gv011.jpg

gv038.jpg

gv046.jpg

gv019.jpg

gv1.jpg

gv2.jpg

45.jpg

6.jpg

robot

45.jpg

Thats the boss I fought last night - if the game gets any harder than that my head might explode.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
robot said:
45.jpg

Thats the boss I fought last night - if the game gets any harder than that my head might explode.

That's just the segment that leads up to the boss, though.

Did you actually make it to the real boss (the giant wall of doom)? I can make it all the way to the boss of Stage 5 before losing a single life, but that thing just owns me...

I just haven't come up with a good strategy for it.

SFA_AOK

I fancy picking this up but... I dunno, I think I might be too weaksauce. I gave up on R Type Final (though that was more from boredom than anything).

If it's only £20, I'm doing it.

robot

dark10x said:
That's just the segment that leads up to the boss, though.

Did you actually make it to the real boss (the giant wall of doom)? I can make it all the way to the boss of Stage 5 before losing a single life, but that thing just owns me...

I just haven't come up with a good strategy for it.

The part I was up to was when that ship stopped on the right side and 2 giant ass walls (aka the wall of doom) came out of each side of the ship and bullets/asteroids were flying everywhere.

Elios83

Tnx DoomBringer :)

To Oh! My Car!: pics acquired with a P4 Prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM 400 Mhz, Ati Radeon All In Wonder 9600 XT 128 MB through S-Video cable.

MoxManiac

SFA_AOK: Personally I think Gradius V is a much better game than R-Type Final. My main complaint with Final was the long stretches of nothing; it seems as though you'd blow some stuff up, then the camera would pan around pointlessly for like 30 seconds, a little more shooting, then more barren space; Gradius V has much more fun level and boss designs, and never really gives you time to be bored.

Top Bottom