• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need a good FPS for the PS2 or GC

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I've been slowly getting to enjoy FPS games more and more, but I don't own that many, so I'm thinking of picking some up. Im waiting for MP2 and I'm not too sure about Killzone (does anyone else think it will be good?), but are there any reallyt great past releases that I have missed out on that I could buy?

I dunno the only good FPS on PS2 is Red Faction and its really outdated.

I really enjoyed it when it came out.

But you should buy XBOX or upgrade your PC if you wanna experience some awesome FPS's.

M3wThr33

Banned
Get Timesplitters 2 for you and friends. (KICKASS CO-OP) Red Faction 2 isn't bad either except for the dicking hard boss battles.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Killzone will be out soon and that seems decent. I played the demo and it was pretty boring but it showed a lot of promise.

I'd reccomend Metroid Prime 2 but it's classified as a FPA. Hee hee all kidding aside buy it ASAP if the original is anything to go by.

All previous games that were mentioned are definitely worth a shot, especially Metal Arms (third person plays like a FPS) and Time Splitters 2 (awesome multiplayer).

cvxfreak

The James Bond games (Nightfire, Agent Under Fire) are all right for the prices they go for these days. Timesplitters is an absolute must have, and while classified differently, Metroid Prime will probably satisfy your tastes.

James Bond Nightfire is suprisingly good. I recommend that. I haven't played much of Agent Under Fire but I think it's a pretty average game. I hate the Timesplitters games :p Pick up Metroid Prime if you haven't all ready.

Catalyst

Banned
TimeSplitters 2 for the best multiplayer FPS ever. If not, go buy an Xbox and pre-order Halo 2 for the best co-op ever...and possibly best multi since it'll have Xbox Live :D.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
The new Ratchet and Clank: UYA has a first-person mode, and a third person mode with first person shooter controls.

shpankey

not an idiot
Buy an Xbox, seriously. The FPS's on the Xbox demolish the other 2 systems combined, by a lot to. I mean if you are starting to love FPS and don't play Halo 2 you are depriving yourself of an experience that you would never forget probably.

Ranger X

You're saved; Killzone is there in a couple of weeks. And don't listen the haters, this game is clearly underrated and especially here on GAF.

snapty00

Banned
Call of Duty, Killzone, and -- gasp -- even Area 51 look pretty good.

I swear, Area 51 >>> Metal Gear Solid 3. Area 51 seems to be very fast and doesn't bog you down with a bunch of worthless story details.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Wyzdom said:
You're saved; Killzone is there in a couple of weeks. And don't listen the haters, this game is clearly underrated and especially here on GAF.
I dunno man, I played the two level demo and nothing really interested me that much, some parts were even pretty crappy. I need to mention that I own all consoles and a PC so I've played la creme de la creme as far as FPS go so my opinion is obviously biased. It's probably the best the PS2 has to offer in terms of FPS but that demo, oye.

I remain optimistic though and I definitely plan on renting the game. I mean the PoP demo for the PC wasn't very interesting either but so far everyone's absolutely loving the game.

Ranger X

TekunoRobby said:
I dunno man, I played the two level demo and nothing really interested me that much, some parts were even pretty crappy. I need to mention that I own all consoles and a PC so I've played la creme de la creme as far as FPS go so my opinion is obviously biased. It's probably the best the PS2 has to offer in terms of FPS but that demo, oye.

I remain optimistic though and I definitely plan on renting the game. I mean the PoP demo for the PC wasn't very interesting either but so far everyone's absolutely loving the game.

If you're a keyboard-mouse guy and play lot of FPS on PC, i suppose you can't really like Killzone. What people don't understand is that it's not removing an inch of quality from Killzone.
It's like the complain about "no jumping". I mean, it's just the gameplay that is built differently and people don't understand why. You don't have to jump and won't need to jump in Killzone because the game is designed so - and it seems to work perfectly. People compare stuff the wrong way most of the time.
I can go on and on about misunderstood gameplay and especially in FPS console games. Look at Metroid Prime and the complain about it's lack of dual analogue controls. I call bullshit again. The game is designed otherwise and does not necessarily need it. The controls the game is having right now (and yet again in Echoes) does work perfectly.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ehh sorry I hope I didn't come off too negative. I am looking foward to Killzone but the demo didn't leave me with a positive impression. That won't interfere with my opinions when I play the full game however since it looks like it'll be a great game. As a full fledged FPS fan on both the consoles and PC (especially the PC hee hee) I didn't have any trouble with the controls, I thought they worked great. The lack of a jump button didn't really bother me, in fact why would I need to jump in the situations the game presents anyways?

I hear you on the MP complaints, I completely agree.

Ranger X

TekunoRobby said:
Ehh sorry I hope I didn't come off too negative. I am looking foward to Killzone but the demo didn't leave me with a positive impression. That won't interfere with my opinions when I play the full game however since it looks like it'll be a great game. As a full fledged FPS fan on both the consoles and PC (especially the PC hee hee) I didn't have any trouble with the controls, I thought they worked great. The lack of a jump button didn't really bother me, in fact why would I need to jump in the situations the game presents anyways?

I hear you on the MP complaints, I completely agree.

I hear you man. 'Hope i didn't answered too hard lol
It was like i was preparing some damage control we could really need later in a couple of posts ;)

Top Bottom