• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I really would like to see a RPG from Retro Studios

SantaC

After they have finished Metroid Prime 2, I would like to see Retro working a RPG. I remember that they tried once with Raven Blade which got canned due to single focus on Metroid Prime. Retro's artistic talent could come in handy for rpg, plus that Nintendo need more rpgs on their consoles.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SantaCruZer said:
and why not? :)

I do not think their talents should be used for such a game. I wouldn't mind an action RPG, but I would not like to see a standard RPG. I'd prefer them to work on action/adventure titles.

MattCoz

Raven Blade was going to be an Action RPG, but the few gameplay videos that were released didn't look too hot. Of course they were early in development so that doesn't mean much.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Raven Blade got canned because it wasn't good and was making no progress, not simply due to focusing on MP.

I said it and i say again, Nintendo should buy Turok and give it to where it belongs, Retro since most iguana employees now work at Retro......i bet they would be very happy.....

SantaC

Mama Smurf said:
Raven Blade got canned because it wasn't good and was making no progress, not simply due to focusing on MP.

but many from Retro was fired, and new people hired. I am not sure, but the team working on Raven Blade does not work for Retro anymore.

It's absurd to make comments on anything Retro was working on in the past. The company has gone through so many changes since, and their talent has obvioulsy improved. So saying Raven Blade looked bad holds no bearing today. They could start back up and make it mind-blowing.

element

who says they could even make an RPG? Most of the staff comes from Austin FPS community.
That is like asking ID to make a RPG.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
geogaddi said:
Retro gives me the impression that if they did an RPG, it would be Shenmue style.

Shenmue-killer?!
0mg.

And this is based on?

Artwise I am sure it would rock!! But I don't know what else would.............

Top Bottom