• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i suck at gaming (gradius V related)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i've had gradius for a while now...

i love it, i've played hours of it, and i've gotten pretty decent. i can get to stage 4 without dying. problem is, when i'd eventually die, that was pretty much the end of me till i could squeek through the remainder of the stage (using countless lives in the process) and start a new stage where i could load up on powerups.

so today, i'm playing again. some how, i fucked up on the stage 3 boss and got killed. with my next life, i notice that what appears to be my "options" from the previous life were still there, only marginally faded out (you gradius players can start laughing at me now).

it turns out, when you die and "respawn", so to speak, you can quickly pick up the options you had from the previous life. obviously you dont get the additional weapons you had (missiles and lasers/double shot), but its certainly a huge enough advantage that makes you stand a great chance after dying...

god damn, i;m a retard for never seeing that. gradius just got a hell of a lot easier :D

8bit

Knows the Score
There's a menu setting to turn that off. It's not usual in any preceding Gradius games, although that depends how you feel about Salamander being part of the lineage.

Socreges

Banned
op_ivy said:
it turns out, when you die and "respawn", so to speak, you can quickly pick up the options you had from the previous life. obviously you dont get the additional weapons you had (missiles and lasers/double shot), but its certainly a huge enough advantage that makes you stand a great chance after dying...

god damn, i;m a retard for never seeing that. gradius just got a hell of a lot easier :D
Well, neither did I. But it took me 30 minutes, not "hours". *troubled look*

Gart

Not once did you accidently pick one or more up after dying and wondered where/how you got the free options?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gart said:
Not once did you accidently pick one or more up after dying and wondered where/how you got the free options?

if i did, i never noticed :/

i'm as perplexed as you... like i said, retarded :D

Top Bottom