• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want a Burnout 3 thread too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryder

Broshnat said:
How rude !!
Sorry I (half)mean it in jest anyway. :D

Another Burnout 3 thread can't be a bad thing anyway, I just wish I had the funds to pick this up right away (I think I made that post above before because I'm just jealous).

Broshnat

Banned
I am very impressed with the game, even being th Nintendo fanboy that I am... it looks a hell of a lot of fun, and some amazing graphics..

Just wish it was on the cube :(

dog$

Hates quality gaming
So why does every N-fan believe every game ever made belongs on a Nintendo system?

ps: I'd like it to be on GC too, since it's the only US system I have at the present moment. But, once XBoxes are $50...

pps: There's been plenty of threads and rumors to suggest B3 GC could arrive, and they've all been shot down in one way or another. Most of the blame points to GC's lack of a cohesive online plan.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So why does every N-fan believe every game ever made belongs on a Nintendo system?

I don't think that's the case...

GC pretty much gets the least amount of developer support overall, so it isn't as if they aren't used to it. However, the first two games were available on GC...so I'd imagine that fans of those games would want the 3rd title. If you only own a GC, what are you supposed to do?

Seth C

dark10x said:
I don't think that's the case...

GC pretty much gets the least amount of developer support overall, so it isn't as if they aren't used to it. However, the first two games were available on GC...so I'd imagine that fans of those games would want the 3rd title. If you only own a GC, what are you supposed to do?

Let's be realistic here. If you only own a Cude you find yourself asking "what am I supposed to do" quite often.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
What are you supposed to do?
Buy another system or otherwise accept the fact that wishes only come true in fairy tales.

I mean, yeah, I think it'd make tons more sense to see Unity on XBox or I can wish until I'm blue in the face that Raiden Fighters 2 would come to a home system (or Daimahoo or Ketsui or 19XX Loop Master or..), but, bitching (on message boards or anywhere else) isn't going to make any of it happen.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Seth C said:
Let's be realistic here. If you only own a Cude you find yourself asking "what am I supposed to do" quite often.

I know, but I didn't want to start any problems here. :p

I certainly couldn't imagine ONLY owning a GC -unless- I RARELY played games. I own almost every game WORTH owning on the system, at this point, which you can find here...

http://www.gamespot.com/user/collection.html?user=Dark1x

Still a great system, though...the selection is just pretty thin.

WordofGod

Banned
Broshnat said:
Wow... I must admit this game does look really good.

Why isn't it on the cube??? :(

Well since its not coming to Cube I will have to buy an Xbox system. That's why its not on cube!!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
ackbar.jpg

kaching said:
This isn't a Burnout 3 thread!! IT'S A TRAP!

Broshnat said:
I am very impressed with the game, even being th Nintendo fanboy that I am... it looks a hell of a lot of fun, and some amazing graphics..

Just wish it was on the cube :(

Hey Broshnat or Borat or whoever you are, BUY AN XBOX. You can thank me later.

Prine

Banned
It deserves you right for only owning a GC. Every gamer here should have at least 2 of the systems.

Prine said:
It deserves you right for only owning a GC. Every gamer here should have at least 2 of the systems.

Appropriate combinations:
----------------------------------
PS2 & Xbox
PS2 & GC
PS2 & Xbox & GC
PS2

Not having one of these combinations leads to much sadness.

ge-man

kpop100 said:
The person who only owns a GC should be expecting to miss 3/4 of all good games released.

That's little bit of an exaggeration I think. Depending on your taste, I think a person couuld survive on the GC alone. Support is still light years ahead of anything the N64 offered.

In any case I competely agree with Dog$ post. You won't see me bitch much about something like this, even though I would actually like it on the Cube because FF wheel support > than online gaming in my case. But unless I see something in the near future hinting at a GC port, I'm just going to suck it up and get the Xbox version.

You can huff and puff all you like, but do you think EA and Criterion is scouring gaming forums around the world trying to figure out how to appease every gamer?

Cathcart

DJ Demon J said:
Hey Broshnat or Borat or whoever you are, BUY AN XBOX. You can thank me later.
I own an XBox and I still wish it was on the Cube. The differences in graphics are barely noticeable and the Wavebird owns.

Solid

sonycowboy said:
Appropriate combinations:
----------------------------------
PS2 & Xbox
PS2 & GC
PS2 & Xbox & GC
PS2

Not having one of these combinations leads to much sadness.
IAWTP^

Broshnat

Banned
What a bunch of fools.

The only reason to own an X-box is halo, and a PS2 is GTA, GT3 and MGS.

And I haven't found the heart to spend the money to buy the consoles just for those games.

Cathcart said:
I own an XBox and I still wish it was on the Cube. The differences in graphics are barely noticeable and the Wavebird owns.

Yep, there's no wireless controllers for Xbox, and no online sure beats the hell out of online. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Broshnat said:
What a bunch of fools.

The only reason to own an X-box is halo, and a PS2 is GTA, GT3 and MGS.

And I haven't found the heart to spend the money to buy the consoles just for those games.

someone please tell me this is a joke account....

there can't be anyone who STILL thinks like this... can there?

ge-man

DJ Demon J said:
Yep, there's no wireless controllers for Xbox, and no online sure beats the hell out of online. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Come one DJ, he didn't even say anything about online gaming. That wasn't an erfalope or olimario level post so why bother?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
:lol @ the replies here :lol

Cathcart

DJ Demon J said:
Nah, I'm pretty much gonna stay right here with that shit. Online play is overrated.

AeroGod

Cathcart said:
Nah, I'm pretty much gonna stay right here with that shit. Online play is overrated.

Online play is required to have fun. Havnt you heard? Where the heck have you been?

Cathcart

DJ Demon J said:
Says the man with an FFXI avatar.
Way to go, it's almost impossible for you to have less of a point.

I'd buy Burnout 3 on the Cube if it was available because I'd rather play using the Wavebird and I don't care about online play in this game.

Sysgen

Cathcart said:

When you find that game, that one game that makes online play not overrated then you've found something special. How can you find that something special though if you don't play online?

The "something special" for me was Quake 2 on the PC and MotoGP on the Xbox.

Brofist

Cathcart said:

Last I saw the GC version of Burnout 3 looked like a blank TV screen, that's a big difference in graphics to me :p

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Prine said:
Dont forget Burnout 3
*applause*

... man, I couldn't imagine basing system preferences around a controller. Especially since adapters exist. A controller is a controller is a fuggin' controller. Jesus.

WordofGod

Banned
Cathcart said:

I 100% agree. Online play on consoles sucks without a keyboard and mouse. PC online gaming is where its @ for fps's. I am hoping that Halo 2 will change my mind, but without a keyboard and mouse I don't think I will enjoy the game to its maximum enjoyment. For racing games, online console gaming would seem to be a different story. I am still waiting for a true Ridge Racer sequel thats online to make me a believer though.

Cathcart

Sysgen said:
When you find that game, that one game that makes online play not overrated then you've found something special. How can you find that something special though if you don't play online?

The "something special" for me was Quake 2 on the PC and MotoGP on the Xbox.
For me it was Freespace. I just don't care about playing BO3 online because I don't think that online play makes every game automatically better. Take ESPN for example. In theory it sounds great, but in practice most of the games I've played are against morons who spend all of their time replaying EVERY DAMN PLAY to show off their offensive lineman's butt and sitting on the ball running out the clock starting from the first posession.

At this point I'm not really interested in playing BO3 with the Live crowd, especially with all of the good things people are saying about the single-player mode. Given that my friends don't seem interested in the game I'll be playing offline, and if I'm gonna do that I'd rather do it on the Cube.

dog$, since the only difference between the XBox version and the hypothetical GC version are online play (that I don't care about) and the controller, the controller is pretty much the only thing to base a choice on. Sorry, I'm not a graphics whore and even if I was I can't see actually caring about the difference in graphics between two consoles that both look great.

pilonv1

Cathcart said:
dog$, since the only difference between the XBox version and the hypothetical GC version are online play (that I don't care about) and the controller, the controller is pretty much the only thing to base a choice on. Sorry, I'm not a graphics whore and even if I was I can't see actually caring about the difference in graphics between two consoles that both look great.

What about custom soundtracks? This is a prime example of a game where they aren't just an option, they're a necessity.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Yeah but that doesn't tell me why basing a decision on the controller is so important in the first place.

It. Is. Just. A. Controller.

Cathcart

pilonv1 said:
What about custom soundtracks? This is a prime example of a game where they aren't just an option, they're a necessity.
Ooh, now that's actually a good point. I forgot about that. Hmmmm....

Well I can turn off the in-game soundtrack and leave on the sound effects and then just play music on my PC :D

Cathcart

dog$ said:
Yeah but that doesn't tell me why basing a decision on the controller is so important in the first place.

It. Is. Just. A. Controller.
Duh. Of. Course. It. Is.

Like I said, it's the only difference if you don't care about online, so I'll go with the one I like more. What's wrong with that?

Pilonv is right about the soundtracks, though. But I've got a workaround so I can have my cake and eat it, too. Now all I have to do is write the GC port...

So, assuming that there will never be a GC version of BO3 (pretty likely, as EA rarely publishes multiplatform games that don't all release at the same time and that they now own Burnout and the developer), you would really deny yourself the chance to play the game based on the controller used?

MightyHedgehog said:
So, assuming that there will never be a GC version of BO3 (pretty likely, as EA rarely publishes multiplatform games that don't all release at the same time and that they now own Burnout and the developer), you would really deny yourself the chance to play the game based on the controller used?

He's a raving fucking Nintendo fanboy, what else is new among them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom