• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Mario Paintball

Just think, 1st person shooter, in dozens of Nintendo themed battle arenas strafing around corners and sniping someone like say, Peach, right in the crotch for 100 yeards away. And, of course, you use the red paint so it looks like she forgot to wear a pad on her heavy day...

You could have a team co-op mode, 2 on 2 or with LAN 4 on 4, or GASP with online this could be a big tournament game.

Who wouldn't want to shoot other Nintendo chacters in a 1st person shooter, Nintendo style? I would buy this and I bet many, many others would too. This could be the next Halo.

Just let Retro do it and make sure they use analog controls and WHAMMO! A launch title for Revolution that would be an instant megahit.

Paintball-non-violent. Everybody wins.

Nintendo saves face for all the violent game bashing they always do, and we get what we want.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It may be just because I am shitfaced, but I really think that this is a good idea.

Time to listen to the Pogues.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
That's a great idea! The animation would have to be top notch to pull it off though. I can picture Luigi getting smacked right in the face, and he can't see so he runs blindly into Wario, giving Mario the opportunity to win. Team play would be great for this. Imagine looking out in first person w/paint over your eyes, you can't shoot, but you could help (or hurt) your team-mate by getting in their way. It would be cool if it had a replay mode too so you could zoom in on certain characters and watch them get the shit knocked out of them in slow-mo. They could also reward whoever comes in first by letting them spray off the others with flud. I could just see Peach screaming now when the cold water hits her. Our how about a mini-game, where after the match is over you see who could clean the most paint up the quickest. I could see Nintendo doing a game like that, great idea.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Sorry, but Miyamoto has already given you the genius of cleaning up paint as opposed to shooting it.

Don't question Miyamoto's genius.

DCX

DCX
Hmmm...nice. Introduce deathmatch to the masses...oh wait, that would be Sony's camp...hmmm..i think Crash Paintball would sell more.

DCX

Top Bottom