• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I watched the first spider-man this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that part with the new yorkers on the bridge, that ruined the whole movie. And every time spiderman said anything in costume that was mean to be funny/friendly. He sounded cool when he was screaming at people to do shit tho cause then he sounded like a spider-man instead of a spider-tobymcguire.

Overall im seeing spider-man 2 on friday so it will be less of new yorkers banding together I hope. I hate being lied to about how people behave in new york.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
MrAngryFace said:
I hate that part with the new yorkers on the bridge, that ruined the whole movie. And every time spiderman said anything in costume that was mean to be funny/friendly. He sounded cool when he was screaming at people to do shit tho cause then he sounded like a spider-man instead of a spider-tobymcguire.

Overall im seeing spider-man 2 on friday so it will be less of new yorkers banding together I hope. I hate being lied to about how people behave in new york.
IAWTP, three million percent.

The ending was just too terrible to even mention, but there were all kinds of lame "cutesy" moments in the film, too; the one-liners in in costume, you mentioned, and also stuff like "HEY YOU HAVE TO BE CAERFUL YOU'RE NOT SUPERMAN YOU KNOW!!!1" And then Tobey MacGuire just has the "Oh Jeez!" look on his face. I kept waiting for Lassie to come running in, and then they could all have dinner with The Beav and his family.

Spiderman 2, from the trailer, at least, looks a lot better.

siege

Banned
Yeah, that bridge scene with the New Yorkers was awful. I must have cringed for a good 2 minutes after the "You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York" line.

belgurdo

Banned
I didn't like a lot of moments in the first movie either. The movie got super-cutesy any time Toby and Kirsten were on-screen together (isn't their relationship supposed to be kinda pseudo-tense like in the comics?) and the final "fight" was teh suck, especially after all of the beautiful cheoreography in the rest of the film.

Tritroid

MrAngryFace said:

The funny thing about the New Yorkers on the bridge in the first one is that the scene is brought up again in Spidey 2, but it's a spoof of the first scene. Even the dialogue is very similar, so you'll know which scene it is automatically. It sets up the same 'feel good banding together happiness' like the first one, but then basically plows it down, setting up the spoof.

This scene is another reason why Dr. Octopus is >>>> Green Goblin. :p

Kirsten is hot so anything she does wrong is negated by her being hot so whatever. My main problem is just stupid fakey love moments and It makes me wanna gag cause im all cynical and cant buy into all that togetherness bullshit cause its not the least bit attractive.

robot

The second one has an equally cheesy part to it, unfortunately.

EDIT: yea what Tritroid said.

the last Spidey Goblin fight was cool. It had no music and it felt like everything had weight, you could feel Spidey getting punched/thrown through brick walls.

Tritroid

Teh Hamburglar said:
the last Spidey Goblin fight was cool. It had no music and it felt like everything had weight, you could feel Spidey getting punched/thrown through brick walls.
Sure, it was great until he SCREAMED LIKE A GIRL. wtf was that shit?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MrAngryFace said:
Toby McGuire is a girl. That explains it.

doing something "like a girl" doesn't take away from your masculinity... ask Tritroid.

Desperado

MrAngryFace said:
its like spoofing the holocaust, you cant make it funny!

lollercaust.gif

mrmyth

MrAngryFace said:
Oh, and Macy Gray didnt get assassinated in the movie which made it unrealistic or maybe im just dreaming.

Macy was probably so high she didn't even need the CG effects to see the Goblin flying at her.

Tritroid

mrmyth said:
Macy was probably so high she didn't even need the CG effects to see the Goblin flying at her.
:lol

That scene where the crowd first sees the Goblin was hilarious because Macy is bending over singing and she suddenly sees him and gets this whacked out expression on her face like someone just shoved a microphone in her ass.

evil ways

I hated how everytime he swung on a web he screamed like he was Michael Jackson. That made Spiderman sound like a pussy cowboy. I'm glad they didn't include that on the game since it's basically 75% web swinging.

Willco

Hollywood Square
MAF, you'll like the Spidey 2 sequence. My friend hated that bit in the original and when it was gearin' up again, he started to groan, only to see WHAT REALLY HAPPENED and he laughed his ass off.

Needless to say, he likes Doc Ock more now.

Memles

Willco said:
MAF, you'll like the Spidey 2 sequence. My friend hated that bit in the original and when it was gearin' up again, he started to groan, only to see WHAT REALLY HAPPENED and he laughed his ass off.

Needless to say, he likes Doc Ock more now.

Agreed...LOVE what they did in Spidey 2. They played with out heads, damnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom