• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICO worldwide sales..

u_neek

Just thought you wanted to know...

USA: ca. 250.000 St.
Japan: ca. 160.000 St.
Asia: ca. 20.000 St.
South Korea: ca. 20.000 St.
Europe: ca. 200.000 St.

TOTAL: ca. 650.000

binary

i did my part. i bought the game within the first week of its' release. ico is also the last ps2 game i bought...almost 3 years ago.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I cannot believe this game couldn't sell more even in Europe, with the wonderful treatment they gave it there.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I bought the game on release date (alongside Silent Hill 2). What an incredible day that was!

binary said:
i did my part. i bought the game within the first week of its' release. ico is also the last ps2 game i bought...almost 3 years ago.

Why's that?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Whoa, I didn't expect it to sell more here than in Japan. Well thats good enough, but the game deserves 2 million+. I did my part, bought that baby and loved it.

MetatronM said:
It's a Greatest Hits game. How hard could it be?

Not the last I heard. Would be great news if it was as stores designate certain areas for greatest hits and thus could pull in some extra sales. But I don't think it is a GH :(

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Grizzlyjin said:
Whoa, I didn't expect it to sell more here than in Japan. Well thats good enough, but the game deserves 2 million+. I did my part, bought that baby and loved it.

Come on, a game like ICO is way too deep for the mass market, sad but true...

I can't wait to see the sequel, but where will it take place this time? Another castle? How about the ruins of an ancient city this time?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I have the verison on the blue disc. Should I try to get the DVD version as well?
If you are the fan of this game in any capacity, then yes. For the packaging and the in-game improvements alone.

jenov4

I believe the DVD version of this game is only available in Europe. But read that it has a built in 60hz selector?

This game never became a GH (ie reprinted with the GH logo) just the price dropped down to GH levels.

Jumpman

Marconelly said:
If you are the fan of this game in any capacity, then yes. For the packaging and the in-game improvements alone.

Whats this about a DVD version? Improvements, please explain?

Chrono

Banned
I want that DVD version. :(

I searched amazon, ebgames, gamestop, Best buy, walMart, and NONE of them have it. I called my local gamestop and the guy said even if they had copies of the game they would be pre-owned.

I have a pre-owned one but the case is broken and it just doesn feel as good as a new game.

If anybody knows where to get a new one-- post the link please!

edit:

Can I trust Ebay sellers when they say their Ico copies are new?

here are two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8120502423&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8120453387&rd=1

jenov4

Chrono, sure why not? I've seen plenty new copies of ICO at Walmart. The DVD version only came out in Europe.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I believe the DVD version of this game is only available in Europe. But read that it has a built in 60hz selector?
Yes. It can be run on the US PS2 if you have a mod chip or even on unmodded console if you have HDLoader and want to fiddle with attaching the PS2 HDD to your PC.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Japan: ca. 160.000 St." ????

Eh???
Where did the extra 90,000 sales come from?

Subtitles for Yorda and a graphical filter both for your second play, a new weapon (a club), and an extra bit at the end where Ico and Yorda eat watermelons at the beach, or so I seem to remember hearing. I think the club was found in a new area with new puzzles.

This is all from the Japanese version, which released well after the US version.

Top Bottom