• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'd buy it! (eBay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Banned
I have a question. I just signed up for an ebay account, and I plan to pay for whatever I buy via paypal. The thing is, I want to know exactly what information the seller gets about me. I know through ebay I'm only known by my ID, but when I pay with paypal I think my FULL NAME is revelead.

The address is needed to send the item, but why my full name? I wish papPal allows its users the option to be known with user IDs instead of their real names. I don't feel comfortable donating something for example, if too much information is given about me. =\

so my question is: anyway to avoid this?

oh and adelgary: what happend to the MGS avatars.. :(

B'z-chan

Banned
adelgary said:
Your avatar is too tall.

Edit: Good boy.

I dont know whats more funny. The actual thought of being called a good boy. Or the fact that you commented on my avatar. Makes me laugh either way. And yeah what happened to the MGS avatars i want them back. Cause looking at your new avatar makes me think things i shouldnt.

B'z-chan

Banned
yeah it sure is

Animation3.gif

(i'm just trying to turn away)

8bit

Knows the Score
Chrono said:
I have a question. I just signed up for an ebay account, and I plan to pay for whatever I buy via paypal. The thing is, I want to know exactly what information the seller gets about me. I know through ebay I'm only known by my ID, but when I pay with paypal I think my FULL NAME is revelead.

The address is needed to send the item, but why my full name? I wish papPal allows its users the option to be known with user IDs instead of their real names. I don't feel comfortable donating something for example, if too much information is given about me. =\

so my question is: anyway to avoid this?

If you're buying stuff via paypal, the person receiving the payment is going to get your name and address to send your stuff to.

I can't image the postman would be too happy delivering to

Chrono
Flat 211b
123 Any Street
Somewhere

especially as I think he has to go to some effort to deliver the mail to the named party.

Why don't you just change your name by deed poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom