• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'd like to see a Resident Evil on the DS.

One screen could have the action of course (Prerendered BG's with 3D characters since frankly a full 3D RE would look horrible on N64 level hardware). The second screen could have a 2D overhead view. It could have a cone that extends in front of the character allowing you to see whats around a corner or beyond a camera angle change in 2D.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
No thank you. The atmosphere is such an important part of RE and it's not going to be replicated well enough. It was one thing to start with rather low-end 3D for the original RE, but after seeing the new ones and the remake, going back wouldn't be fun. It's one series where I think graphics really do matter a lot.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
First screens!

images

images

OMG TEH GRAPHIX!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
CVXFREAK said:
Don't remind me of that shitty RE2 Game.com orf RE Gaiden. >_<

residentevil1.jpg

residentevil_17.jpg

What're you talking about, man? That's the new DS game. And here are some bigger shots and in color. :eek:

OmniGamer

Awwww, the cancelled GameBoy Color version :(. It was supposed to be a pretty huge cart right, anyone remember how big?

Anywho, if there were an RE for the DS, it would be nice if say there were 2 teams, team STARS, and team ZOMBIE...some people could play the part of the zombies, each at a different part of the mansion, and try to hunt down the stars members, or they could try to hide and wait for one of the stars guys to come to their area and surprise attack them.

OmniGamer said:
Awwww, the cancelled GameBoy Color version :(. It was supposed to be a pretty huge cart right, anyone remember how big?

Anywho, if there were an RE for the DS, it would be nice if say there were 2 teams, team STARS, and team ZOMBIE...some people could play the part of the zombies, each at a different part of the mansion, and try to hunt down the stars members, or they could try to hide and wait for one of the stars guys to come to their area and surprise attack them.

Wow. I hope you don't want to be a game designer.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'd like to see a co-op RE on the DS (like outbreak.) One player can be in one part of an area while the other is checking another. The second screen could be a map showing where the other player is at.

MaddenNFL64

RE Gaiden was about Leon & Barry on a derelict cruise ship.

The GBC RE1 was cancelled :(. It was actually looking good IMO.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
New Alien vs Predator (Marine only) game would be great for DS

Blip-blip radar on bottom screen, 1st person view on top + approaching white dots = instant paranoia

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I don't know how scary a portable RE would be. It might be just be but I don't think portables lend themselves very well to these genres.

cvxfreak

Jacobi said:
Wasn't there even a engine programmed for the GBA, which was pre-rendered background based ?

There was, by a fanmade website (forgot what it was though).

I think Capcom could port the PSone games to DS easily; just turn the cinematics into pictures while telling the story. Hell, Capcom could keep RE2 around from N64 and place it onto DS. It'd be really neat.

Kon Tiki

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
There was, by a fanmade website (forgot what it was though).

I think Capcom could port the PSone games to DS easily; just turn the cinematics into pictures while telling the story. Hell, Capcom could keep RE2 around from N64 and place it onto DS. It'd be really neat.
Should keep the FMV.

Top Bottom