• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idiot ordered to carry "Idiot" sign after threatening cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-carries-idiot-sign-threats-article-1.1444524

YxB9NJZ.jpg

A Cleveland judge ordered a drunken moron to wear a sign, proclaiming himself an idiot after he threatened cops.

Richard Dameron, 58, began his vigil of shame on Monday outside of a Cleveland precinct.

The bright yellow sign around his neck bore a handwritten apology to cops:

“I was being an idiot calling 911 and threatening to kill you. I’m sorry and it will never happen again.”

Dameron began his public penance on Monday and will spend three hours a day for the next week on display.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
What ever happened to that kid that made the stupid murder jokes on face book? I'm guessing he's going to get a similar punishment as this guy right?

What ever happened to that kid that made the stupid murder jokes on face book? I'm guessing he's going to get a similar punishment as this guy right?

You mean the League of Legends case where the kid threatened a school?

I think he's getting Life. Or something.

If this happened Australia it would be Titled "Cunt ordered to carry "Cunt" sign after being a giant cunt"

god bless Australia

Shaming penalties are probably better than putting humans in cages, but are still terrible. Judges who impose shaming penalties are as deserving as being shamed as those they shame.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Shaming penalties are probably better than putting humans in cages, but are still terrible. Judges who impose shaming penalties are as deserving as being shamed as those they shame.
In this case, I think they're deserving of high fives for being hilarious. And this guy got off easy, because he could have been brought up on charges for making a terrorist threat.

soepje

Lol, this was actually on the news here in Holland :p. Worldwide shaming. He didn´t seem to mind that much though.

As hilarious as this is, wouldn't this fall under "cruel and unusual punishment"? Particularly the unusual bit.

Just give the guy a month of community service or something.
Although the laughs this would give would certainly be a twisted form of community service.

Crayons

Banned
As hilarious as this is, wouldn't this fall under "cruel and unusual punishment"? Particularly the unusual bit.

Just give the guy a month of community service or something.
Although the laughs this would give would certainly be a twisted form of community service.
I waa thinking the same thing. Then again, public shaming is very effective.

No Love

Banned
So when cops threaten, beat, and murder citizens will they too be forced to wear signs similar to this, apologizing for their transgressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom