• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you wanted The Punisher 2: The Search for More Money, it's BAD NEWS FOR YOU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
The Punisher Sequel Not Happening?
Source: Moviehole Thursday, June 24, 2004

Moviehole is reporting unconfirmed news that The Punisher sequel might not be happening.

"The returns have been pretty disappointing. Tom Jane has won raves, so he's going to come out of it all alright and word is, he's already in talks to play another comic book-esque character, but he probably won't be doing the sequel to this. It was supposed to be full-speed ahead on chapter two, but the studio realizes it's not going to make any money so have erased it from the future flatplan. Too much money at stake". A sequel might happen one day, says the scooper, but most likely without Jane and probably as a straight to video title.

Take this with a grain of salt for now. Thanks to 'Jamie' for the heads up. Meanwhile, you can check out for details on the DVD, coming September 7, by clicking here.

Haha, straight to home video Punisher sequel? I wonder if they can get Ryan Reynolds to star!

G4life98

i dont belive this news...because the movie has nearly made all its money back domestically and when you add world wide and dvd sale it will be over the top.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
G4life98 said:
i dont belive this news...because the movie has nearly made all its money back domestically and when you add world wide and dvd sale it will be over the top.

Exactly I was just looking at us.imdb.com and noted the budget was around $33mil and it's made aroudn 30mil.

G4life98

DarienA said:
Exactly I was just looking at us.imdb.com and noted the budget was around $33mil and it's made aroudn 30mil.

after looking at imdb somemore i have no doubt we will see hulk2 and punisher2

BojTrek

Banned
Yeah but what about all of the costs for commercials and ads for a movie that no one went to... it adds up to FLOP

Manders

Banned
The Punisher was just a shitty revenge flick, outdone by two other revenge flicks that were released right around the same time: Kill Bill vol 2 and Man on Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom