• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Avatar The Last Airbender is getting an AAA Game by Saber Interactive

Draugoth

Gold Member

alta-1727916010625.png

It's still in early development, so details are a little slim at the moment, but the companies call it "the biggest video game in franchise history." It will be made for both PC and consoles and tell a new story in the universe that's being developed in "close collaboration" with Avatar Studios, the announcement notes.

It'll put players in the role of an "all-new, never-before-seen Avatar" and take place thousands of years in the past. According to Paramount and Saber, players "can expect to be immersed in a vibrant world, master all four elements, engage in dynamic combat alongside companions, and experience the challenges and decisions that come with being the keeper of balance in the world." It adds that, story-wise, it'll feature elements both new and familiar to fans of the franchise.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
How many damn games can Saber simultaneously work on?

xK2knxK.png

Just focus on making Jurassic Park: Survival worthy of Alien: Isolation first.
You could give them the benefit of the doubt because of space marine 2, but this is more likely related to them leaving embracer recently and being hard pressed for investment. There is a reason more than half these games are licensed.

Sentenza

Loved the series and I always thought the IP would work WONDERS for an action RPG/Action adventure type of game.
I just hope they will handle it with some competence.

wvnative

I have dreamed of a AAA avatar game since I watched the premier of the last airbender in 2004. Sadly now that it's announced...I feel nothing.

Saber interactive doesn't seem to have delivered anything noteworthy (please correct me if i am wrong), and while I think an original story is a great idea, I kinda wanted their first AAA game to focus on the OG Trio, since all previous games were shovelware.

Hopefully it turns out good...i just don't feel optimistic at all.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I have dreamed of a AAA avatar game since I watched the premier of the last airbender in 2004. Sadly now that it's announced...I feel nothing.

Saber interactive doesn't seem to have delivered anything noteworthy (please correct me if i am wrong), and while I think an original story is a great idea, I kinda wanted their first AAA game to focus on the OG Trio, since all previous games were shovelware.

Hopefully it turns out good...i just don't feel optimistic at all.

Space Marine 2 is great

Saber

Still sour because of the quality of WWZ, but Space Marine seems to be well received. So I trust they don't do disservice with Avatar the Las Airbender. This was one my favorite cartoons from the time.

Top Bottom