• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN DS Vids

although though there isn't much of a change to the engine, based on what i've seen so far of Animal Crossing, im expecting this game to be a full blown sequal.

Kirby looks pretty damn cool too.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
that girl was a little too excited...

Society said:
IGN video setup sucks. Anything good?

yeah, the higlight was that Goemon footage he's walking on one of those Mario
Sunshine elastic ropes and you pull it back with your finger to bounce him to a higher platform..

That Sega game actually looks really good too. All the games look nice.

Animal Crossing looks so great in motion, I'm hoping it's not going to be a port like we all originally though. It sure doesn't look like it, but it's a little early to tell. Kirby looks really really fun, definitely a new twist on the series and one I think I'll like. I worry about my hand behind in the way of the screen though.

Overall though nice sets of footage and I was glad to see a lot of new games in the videos.

Memles

Animal Crossing with its neat perspective change looks great...so hyped. And Kirby...oh wow Kirby. Great Impressions, great video...definitely an awesome game. Seems to be a neat concept, with great execution. Go HAL.

video comments

clip 3 is the best one but they're all shitty. I have insider and the videos are handycam quality.

1.More gameplay vidz needed.
2. Too much Utada. I care more about the DS than some flat chested ho
3. see 1.

what's the assessment on the dual screen so far?

game comments

which is the game with the fmvish car bit

another - the top screen of the town/japan is 3d?

XXYY looks like a winner

Princess Peach looks like a winner (platforming ala starfi.. SMB2)

WTF MARIO MAHJONG. Nintendo IS GOING DOWN

I don't know how playable DS - mr driller is. Isn't the whole idea being able to see all the way up?

what's the one with the swarming knights? Looks cool

Prime looks like a Winner

Animal Crossing will rock.

Goemon will rock

all for now.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Kaido.jpg

Any more images/videos of this game?

Milking a cow with the touch screen! Suck that PSP!

I immediately thought of Nights when I saw the Kirby footage. That game has some serious potential. I'm getting really pumped for DS, just a few more weeks to go now.:)

Kirby, Animal Crossing and Pac-Pix all look fucking sexy. I was really impressed with what little I saw of Animal Crossing. As for the rest, of course Hunters, Mario Kart DS and others will merely pull this horse into the lead for an easy winter victory. Hell, it's biggest competitor won't be the PSP, but probably the GBA with its new Zelda game.

Grubdog

Banned
Oh my GOD. Kirby and Yoshi are two of the best looking games i've EVER seen. That's flawless 2D right there, I love it!

There's a second of Advance Wars DS footage in there too, can't wait for that, and Super Mario 64 DS looks even better than the N64 version. And of course Wario Ware DS looks so much fun, I hope Wario Ware is released in time for the PAL launch.

DS will be the greatest thing ever! :D

Trevelyon

Goemon, Nintendogs, Sawaru Made in Wario and Yoshi's Touch & Go have grabbed my attention the most. I'm also curious about Animal Crossing and how they'll use the touch screen & WiFi functionality.

Zilch

Banned
Seems like the stylus is the main form of control in a lot of these games. I guess that's pretty cool. Hope it's ergonomical.

Spike

Damn, those are some nice games. I wasn't anticipating the DS at all, early on. Now, I'm thankful that my brother has preordered the system.

Nintendogs better come out over here.

I have to admit that looked great in motion.

Kirby DS, Goemon, Feel The Magic, Animal Crossing, Another, Super Mario 64 DS, and Mario Kart DS look awesome.

After watching the girl interact and control the games (seems like many have touchscreen control entirely) I do think this really does bring something new to the market.

Mashing

Soul4ger said:
No haters yet after 25 posts, in a DS thread? Is this a record?

Thankfully it just proves that we're all just gamers at heart and not just system/company fanboys...

I hope ;)

Spike

I would like to see a Katamari Damancy sequel on the DS using the stylus. Make it so, Namco!

Oh, and Another looks kick-ass!!

There's a night and day difference between the Japanese DS stuff and the Western DS stuff.

The Japanese games look so much more interesting.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I would like to see on DS?

Kuru Kuru DS (Glares at NOA)

Mashing said:
Games like these are why I HOPE there is room for both the DS and the PSP on the market.
Yeah. I'd like to see both eqaully find success in their own respective markets. It's entirely possible that the DS will just fall nicely in with the GBA crowd while the PSP picks up the old market like many are hoping.

Either way I want both, and I want the new fucking Kirby game.

I think DS is a great product in its own right. It still probably will end up having 2x the practical battery life that the PSP has.

The only thing is, I think Nintendo has to get it down to $99 sooner now rather than later.

The kids market really is going to be key for them also. They need the kids to go crazy over stuff like Kirby DS and the PictoChat functionality. I can see this being an attractive product for female consumers as well.

Grubdog

Banned
Mashing said:
Games like these are why I HOPE there is room for both the DS and the PSP on the market.
I don't think you have much to worry about. DS will obviously be a big success, and with Sonys support, the PSP will at least be successful enough to keep a steady flow of games releasing on it for a while.

maynerd

Banned
Wow the DS looks like it is going to deliver what Nintendo promised. I am impressed. I'm glad Nintendo continues to be the innovator in videogames. The graphics whore in me looks at the PSP and thinks wow that's nice. But the gamer in me thinks the DS is Da Shizzle.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else think its funny that Kirby DS appears to play like how Sonic DS should? :D

Memles

Before I collapse in exhaustion...just as a point of note...is it just me, or has there yet to be a NORMAL shot of Mario Kart? Is it just me, or is the replay view the only view of the characters, and you control the entire game on the touch screen? Like, in no detail on the touch screen? Or is it just me?

dorikyasu

The girl in the videos was none other than Utada Hikaru!

Watching the last video makes me wish Sega would make a NiGHTS game for DS...

Top Bottom