• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN DS Vids

mCACGj

Man, I was a bit skeptical, but these games look kick ass. Kirby looks like loads o' fun, and if Yoshi plays anything like Yoshi's Island...well....I dont even know how to explain the joy.

aoi tsuki

Looking good, and just over two weeks till launch. But seriously, i'm so frickin' sick of hearing Easy Breezy.

i'd be all over Nintendogs/Puppy Times if it was a cat sim. It would be cool if there were a cat sim, and the dogs and cats could interact with one another over WiFi as you can with your friends' dogs in the game.

Xellos

Looks great! In particular, I really liked how Kirby, Wario, and Pac-man used the touch screen. Hopefully other developers will show as much creativity when designing DS software. :)

Kon Tiki

Banned
aoi tsuki said:
Looking good, and just over two weeks till launch. But seriously, i'm so frickin' sick of hearing Easy Breezy.

i'd be all over Nintendogs/Puppy Times if it was a cat sim. It would be cool if there were a cat sim, and the dogs and cats could interact with one another over WiFi as you can with your friends' dogs in the game.

If Puppy Times takes off, I am sure you will see a 'Pet' series.

NLB2

Banned
Damn it! I was 't planning on getting a DS but now I have to. Most of those games seem like they play very well and I guess I bought into all of the "DS has bad graphics bullshit," but those games, Princess Peach aside, look outstanding. Goemon DS is the most beautiful handheld game I've ever seen :).

MrparisSM

Banned
All those looked great! I may just have to pick one up now. :) Heyyy, what was the game that was on video three, right at 11 seconds in?? It has a small clip of a 3d girl on a boat with her hair blowing... it's right before the small clip for Princess Peach. Anybody know what that was!???

lexi

Banned
Awesome Awesome. Kirby, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Goemon, WarioWare, Animal Crossing, Yoshi and Advance Wars... Any one of those games alone warrants the purchase of a DS.

For the love of god, someone troll....

GAF has let me down. Maybe there are some gamers here after all.

AMAZING stuff in those vids btw.

As I just mentioned in the other thread, a lot of really, really nice looking stuff in here. Especially the direct feed vid from Nintendo. Advance Wars, Kirby, Mario 64...

Hell, I don't think I saw a single game that didn't look cool in that footage!

GOEMON, LET ME TOUCH YOU. That game looks freaking awesome!

Another looks really fun, too.

thorns

Banned
It looks quite good, but I still think the second screen is totally unnecessary (they never show it in the videos anyway). Touch screen offers some nice possibilities though.

The racing game was FMV, although Nintendo had it playing through DS units at the show for some reason.

The developer for the Peach game isn't listed in the booklet Nintendo handed out, so that means that it's probably not HAL, NSTC or Intelligent Systems, all three of which have their names listed in the copyrite statements.

Miburou

It wasn't really funny, but then again he's never been funny.

And there've already been two posts with the same idea. It is sad having three posts baiting people to troll (even if they're not being serious). I can understand the first two, but do we need a third one? Would it be better if someone replied "Oh there's plenty to criticize/troll about those videos, people are just too busy drooling over Ridge Racers to care"?

EDIT: Maybe saying "You're a sad, sad person." was a bit uncalled for, but cliched replies are usually the easiest to type out. :D Still, his post was totally unnecessary, and would only create controversy.

Anyway, back on topic, Goemon looks really good.

Miburou said:
It wasn't really funny, but then again he's never been funny.

And there've already been two posts with the same idea. It is sad having three posts baiting people to troll (even if they're not being serious). I can understand the first two, but do we need a third one? Would it be better if someone replied "Oh there's plenty to criticize/troll about those videos, people are just too busy drooling over Ridge Racers to care"?

EDIT: Maybe saying "You're a sad, sad person." was a bit uncalled for, but cliched replies are usually the easiest to type out. :D Still, his post was totally unnecessary, and would only create controversy.

Anyway, back on topic, Goemon looks really good.

Let me know when you're a mod. Otherwise leave it.

This = Meteos

meteos-20041007034344697.jpg

This = One Line puzzle
hito-fude-20041007033311637.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Soul4ger said:
No haters yet after 25 posts, in a DS thread? Is this a record?
That's because the thing that most people hate is pretty much absent from this thread...go ahead, see if you can figure out what that is.

Seriously I thought the DS was a bit Gimmicky, but man did that video make the thing look KICK ASS. The way the games played and the ideas shown looked AWESOME. Actually makes me want to buy one over a PSP for sure.

I've got mine preordered. I wasn't sure which game to start with but
I think that video just sold me on Feel the Magic

Can't wait :D

kaching said:
That's because the thing that most people hate is pretty much absent from this thread...go ahead, see if you can figure out what that is.

Honestly, I'm growing tired of it. Mainly the gimmicky gameplay trolls. You always hear it come up in other threads usually ones not specific to actual news and media. That not even Nintendo has come with any apparent good use of the DS features. But when we get topics like these, that obviously says otherwise, they are no where to be found.

No good 2 screen use? See Tendo Dokuta and Advance Wars DS.
No good touch screen use? Kirby, Yoshi's Touch & Go, Spiderman 2, Another, Metroid Hunters, the list just goes on and on.
No good mic use? Nintendogs.
No killer app? Nintendogs takes this, it uses every function of the DS to quite a decent degree.
The only claim so far is the Wi-FI, but coming from Nintendo it's not surprising, the only rumored Wi-Fi app is AC, but I still offer some shread of hope.

The NDS doesnt come off gimmicky at all, these videos already say otherwise. Sadly people will still claim that's the case in threads that put the PSP and DS at each other's throats. Personally I'm happy as a gamer to see tons of new games coming to the handheld industry from both systems and I'm hoping they both are successful. But sadly, some people seem to hold too strong of a bias to feel so open with gaming.

DarthWufei said:
Honestly, I'm growing tired of it. Mainly the gimmicky gameplay trolls. You always hear it come up in other threads usually ones not specific to actual news and media. That not even Nintendo has come with any apparent good use of the DS features. But when we get topics like these, that obviously says otherwise, they are no where to be found.

No good 2 screen use? See Tendo Dokuta and Advance Wars DS.
No good touch screen use? Kirby, Yoshi's Touch & Go, Spiderman 2, Another, Metroid Hunters, the list just goes on and on.
No good mic use? Nintendogs.
No killer app? Nintendogs takes this, it uses every function of the DS to quite a decent degree.
The only claim so far is the Wi-FI, but coming from Nintendo it's not surprising, the only rumored Wi-Fi app is AC, but I still offer some shread of hope.

The NDS doesnt come off gimmicky at all, these videos already say otherwise. Sadly people will still claim that's the case in threads that put the PSP and DS at each other's throats. Personally I'm happy as a gamer to see tons of new games coming to the handheld industry from both systems and I'm hoping they both are successful. But sadly, some people seem to hold too strong of a bias to feel so open with gaming.

And yet the fools continue......Like a 14year old's period...uncomfortable but not unexpected...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Darth, that's not quite what I was inferring, but I'm glad you got all that off your chest ;)

All I meant was that, IMO, this thread has been troll free because it has (mostly) avoided doing two things: 1)exaggerating the quality of what's seen and 2) not immediately trying to use the good news to proclaim bad news for anyone else. Of course, it's not a guaranteed ward against trolls, but it certainly helps.

Also there's alot of new non-franchise games from Nintendo.

Another
One Line Puzzle
Jam with the Band
Nintendogs

probably more I'm forgetting.

Buggy Loop

Awesome videos, my faith in yoshi and kirby are restored. Nintendögs is the most intriguing to me, the animation of the dogs are beyond anything i can remember of the 32/64bit era, and while there's not much going on in the backgrounds (some kind of very bright virtual world where there's only faint indications of an house' background, its cool) the dogs themselves are really damn good looking, cute aswell :p

kaching said:
Darth, that's not quite what I was inferring, but I'm glad you got all that off your chest ;)

All I meant was that, IMO, this thread has been troll free because it has (mostly) avoided doing two things: 1)exaggerating the quality of what's seen and 2) not immediately trying to use the good news to proclaim bad news for anyone else. Of course, it's not a guaranteed ward against trolls, but it certainly helps.

I agree with this, it's quite true, and on both sides as I often see the people trolling the PSP threads are often the ones claiming the NDS as a godlike handheld. The same goes for the DS trolls from PSP fans. I usually don't read the posts of these people, well not with any seriousness. It's disappointing to say the least.

But eh, it doesn't matter. I'm glad to be getting both systems.

Mrbob

Look at the Nfans ruining their own lovefest thread by complaining about those who have a problem with the DS. They couldn't keep quiet and just talk about the videos. If I were a betting man I'd almost think they were baiting and hoping to get trolled!

Wonderful. And funny!

BTW the videos are OK. The Kirby game looks all right, but not like Kirby. Reminds me of Nights.

Kon Tiki

Banned
No. He is saying most people in this thread do not have enough self respect to admit they like NDS and do not care what anyone thinks.

Mrbob said:
Look at the Nfans ruining their own lovefest thread by complaining about those who have a problem with the DS. They couldn't keep quiet and just talk about the videos. If I were a betting man I'd almost think they were baiting and hoping to get trolled!

Wonderful. And funny!

BTW the videos are OK. The Kirby game looks all right, but not like Kirby. Reminds me of Nights.

I wouldn't say it was that. This is GAF but its been suprising. Bleh. Its also cause Kaching came in and asked his question. Enough with this discussion, I say. On with the love fest.

The games do look like they rock. So many must play/buys.

WHERE ARE THE SQUARE ENIX GBA/DS TITLES?

WHERE ARE THE CAPCOM DS TITLES?

The DSjapanese lineup is so hot right now. - mugatu; zoolander

seismologist said:
Egg Monster hero footage was a SquareEnix game

Capcom should reveal Viewtiful Joe soon.

more to the point but is that all?~! Where is the extra DS FFCC footage? We saw the spinning Crystal. Ah... the event is 3 days? Maybe they'll trickle it out?

Top Bottom