• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Interview with Atsushi Inaba (VJ creator)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/558/558580p1.html

Some quotes:

IGN: Why haven't we seen an Xbox version of Viewtiful Joe yet? Is it something that owners of that system can ever look forward to?

Atsushi Inaba: We are currently evaluating the possibility of bringing the franchise to the Xbox system.

IGN: Any plans to include a playable demo of Okami on the VJ2 disk? And related to that, is Okami also coming to another system somewhere down the line? On GameCube perhaps?

Atsushi Inaba: There are no plans at this point to include a trial version of Okami in Viewtiful Joe 2.

IGN: How does the tag-team/switching system work? Will both players be able to perform special moves at the same time? Can combos be linked between players?

Atsushi Inaba: Joe and Silvia are set up to do battle together in this game. However, the player can only control one character at one time. On the game screen there's another hero (or heroine) that is not shown, who is doing battle somewhere else. In other words, The "Viewtiful Touch" move could be called a technique where the two alternate in the scenes of a movie.

IGN: The tag-team/switch system sounds like it would make for an ideal foundation for cooperative two-person play. Why the decision not to go in that direction?

Atsushi Inaba: We thought that the "Viewtiful Touch" alternate play would really make Viewtiful Joe 2 a lot more fun to play since both Joe and Silvia have their own unique special moves. There's a whole side of the game in which alternating between characters raises the player's effectiveness and efficiency.

Mrbob

IGN: The tag-team/switch system sounds like it would make for an ideal foundation for cooperative two-person play. Why the decision not to go in that direction?

Atsushi Inaba: We thought that the "Viewtiful Touch" alternate play would really make Viewtiful Joe 2 a lot more fun to play since both Joe and Silvia have their own unique special moves. There's a whole side of the game in which alternating between characters raises the player's effectiveness and efficiency.

Weak.

Solid

IGN: How different will the PlayStation 2 and GameCube versions of Viewtiful Joe 2 be? And while we're on the subject, why the decision to release simultaneously on both platforms this time?

Atsushi Inaba: The two are exactly the same. Regarding the simultaneous release, we didn't want to give preferential treatment to a particular platform.
Damn, I wanted something exclusive for the PS2-version this time as well.. I guess you can't get everything :)

snapty00

Banned
IGN: When Viewtiful Joe 2 was first announced, fans of the original game were thrilled, but as the months have passed, its hyped has subsided somewhat. How do you explain this?

Atsushi Inaba: It has become evident that the customer for GameCube does not desire games that appear on other platforms. I wholly believe this is the logistical reasoning, unfortunately. However, with your American view, how do you feel in regards to the same question?
Whoa, the man knows what he's talking about.

Alcibiades

snapty00 said:
lmao, I almost bought that...

(since he did mention that the GCN owner's like action games so that's why it was on GCN, so maybe he analyzed audiences more than most developers)...

you worded it great too...

Maybe it's just me but I get annoyed at interviews that are all 'will this game be on this system and will that game be on that system'. It's like the interviewer is trying to force fanboy system politics onto the guys.

Gribbix

snapty00 said:

Did IGN just remove that question/answer you quoted from the interview? I clicked the link and I can't find it anywhere on either of the two pages.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Atsushi Inaba: It has become evident that the customer for GameCube does not desire games that appear on other platforms. I wholly believe this is the logistical reasoning, unfortunately. However, with your American view, how do you feel in regards to the same question?
Seems like he covered the issue of Okami port rather nicely here ;)

Grubdog

Banned
It's just snapty trolling Nintendo again, nothing to see here folks.

They should have asked him about the PAL release. :p

Top Bottom