• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Mario Kart - The Guy Game = 0.2

pilonv1

Apologies if posted.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/542/542787p3.html

7.5 Presentation
Simple, easy rules and explanations. Plus, BOOBS!

7.0 Graphics
Boobs! Boobs! And more Boobs! I mean, what else matters when there are at least 120-plus BOOBs here!

7.0 Sound
Boobs! Boobs! And more Boobs! Do you hear me? Who cares what it sounds like.

7.5 Gameplay
So once you unlock the BOOBS, and you see the cheerleader BOOBS, you'll get the chance to see more BOOBs. BOOBs.

7.5 Lasting Appeal
The single-player campaign has 1,000 alternative questions for sloppy seconds, but it should last best as a mulitplayer game. (BOOBS!!! BOOBS!)

7.7 OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
least read the text

Closing Comments
The way I look at The Guy Game is this: It may be tasteless, but I prefer this kind of tastelessness over BMX XXX. At least it's fun tastelessness. It's a trivia game with a random sampling of college girls who are willing to do some rather crazy things for...fun. And you get to watch. And as a social science/sociology project examining US college students, well, it does catch the feeling of Spring Break quite accurately.

The game itself is solid, simple and fun. It's better than decent as a single-player game, but it definitely excels as a party mixer. It's also excellent the first few times around, and can fade very quickly after that. I could see people buying this and having like three or four weekends of fun with it, and then discarding it forever. It appears its destiny is perhaps as a GREAT rental. Your choice of course, depending on how desperate you are to see titty. I suspect, however, that if you this game succeeds, you'll start seeing one each year.

-- Douglass C. Perry

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is the Gamecube version of The Guy Game the best? :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
img-moneyhat.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ign said:
Your choice of course, depending on how desperate you are to see titty. I suspect, however, that if you this game succeeds, you'll start seeing one each year.

i can't untangle that at all. we'll be gracious and forgive him the extraneous "you." but what is he trying to say? if the game succeeds, you'll see one titty each year? just the one? is he calling someone a boob, obscurely? i suppose i could read the review and see if there isn't some context. but it's not my practice to click on ign links.

border

As if you can really compare it to a Cube action game that was reviewed by someone totally different....

I assumed the game was going to be a cross between Mario Party and You Don't Know Jack....with some tits thrown in. Seems like a decent enough score....nothing to flip out over.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
drohne said:
i can't untangle that at all. we'll be gracious and forgive him the extraneous "you." but what is he trying to say? if the game succeeds, you'll see one boob each year? just the one? is he calling someone a boob, obscurely? i suppose i could read the review and see if there isn't some context. but it's not my practice to click on ign links.

I imagine he meant a game a year. And I imagine that you knew that, and just took the opportunity to pick apart his writing, which, in this game, was justified. Good on you. :)

totoro'd

Great. Another trashy game to reinforce the stereotype that all gamers are horny teenage guys :insert rolleyes here

Edit: Boobs!! (not referring to the female appendage, but the guys who buy this game)

Kon Tiki

Banned
I prefer unintentional drinking games. Like movies or live broadcasts.

Might give this a spin. Are the girls naked and uncensored?

(The DVD is over 5GB, that is a lot of chicks :eek:)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ha ha I actually had to check the IGN website to see if all that boob talk was indeed in the review.

EDIT: BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS

EDIT2:
Douglas C. Perry said:
...depending on how desperate you are to see titty.

aoi tsuki

If i was thirteen again, this would've been one of those games i'd read about in EGM and play over at a friend's house, drooling. But thankfully, those days are long gone.

Looks like the main thing that makes this better than the plethora of strip card games and Japanese strip mahjong are the production values. i'd much rather go to a party or bar or whatever and see real college girls taking it off , or hell, watch a DVD of Girls Gone Wild than something like this.

Edit: BOOBS!

Pimpbaa

Be-Ah-Hui said:
Great. Another trashy game to reinforce the stereotype that all gamers are horny teenage guys :insert rolleyes here

Why the hell should games be any different from any other medium? There are plenty of trashy tv shows, movies, dvds, etc... Get over it.

totoro'd

Pimpbaa said:
Why the hell should games be any different from any other medium? There are plenty of trashy tv shows, movies, dvds, etc... Get over it.

Yeah, y'know what? You're exactly right, I should've known better

WarPig

Pimpbaa said:

*turns to the left*

*sees Bloodrayne avatar*

A-yup.

DFS.

Dilbert

I seriously checked the calendar to be sure it wasn't April 1.

We MUST track the sales figures on this game carefully.

WarPig

See, there's "mature" and then there's "not for children." Ya know?

Y'all are gonna dig the EGM review.

DFS.

Pimpbaa

I may be Pervy McPerv, but I ain't getting this. I don't wanna answer questions to see boobs, plus most of the girls seem to be butter faces going by the pics I've seen.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
All these under-1.0 scores for The Guy Game were obviously written by communists! Our country is built on tits!

WarPig

fennec fox said:
All these under-1.0 scores for The Guy Game were obviously written by communists! Our country is built on tits!

How you figure? We didn't even give 'em the vote for the first 150 years.

DFS.

Che

Banned
OMG! IGN finally managed to outdone themselves. This is a new low. Now can you remind me why IGN is popular?

xsarien

daedsiluap
Che said:
OMG! IGN finally managed to outdone themselves. This is a new low. Now can you remind me why IGN is popular?

A large misconception among their subscribers that they're entitled to free McGriddles for a year once they sign up.

Dilbert

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
I can't be the only one who came in here expecting to see a review of 0.2/10 for this game :D
fennec fox said:
GashPrex said:
you all realize gamepost gave the game a 7.5 and a good rating right?

I read the review, and since Mario's shirt stays on in the game, I had to change the title.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ok. I'm slightly confused here.

This "game" appears on both the PS2 and Xbox.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the PS2 version of the atrocity known as BMXXX slightly "censored" through the use of black strips? Did Sony change their policies?

(Still can't believe MS and Sony stooped this low...)

Kon Tiki

Banned
DavidDayton said:
Ok. I'm slightly confused here.

This "game" appears on both the PS2 and Xbox.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the PS2 version of the atrocity known as BMXXX slightly "censored" through the use of black strips? Did Sony change their policies?

(Still can't believe MS and Sony stooped this low...)

Why are you blaming Sony/MS? Jeff Spangenberg is just rebelling from his former employer. :p

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Society said:
Why are you blaming Sony/MS? Jeff Spangenberg is just rebelling from his former employer. :p

Well, ultimately, all games published on a console do come under the eyes and watch of the hardware manufacturer at this point -- even when they try to deny that and hide in the shadows. Sony has blocked plenty of titles in the past for inane reasons, so their allowing a title to be published implies tacit support on their part. The same goes for MS and Nintendo.

As I said, I'm surprised Sony and MS had no issues with this.

Tellaerin

Be-Ah-Hui said:

So instead, we should all do our part to perpetuate the stereotype of gamers as asexual hermits obsessed with review scores and NPD figures. Much cooler.

Sysgen

Wario64 said:

The trivia in the game is pretty good, varied, and not overly difficult. One minute you'll be asked to remember something from the TV show, Friends, the next be asked about Miles Davis, Avogadro's Number, and so on.

Shit! I never wtahced an episode of Friends. Isn't Miles Davis that guy form the Mod Squad? and who th ehell is Avogrado :)

xsarien

daedsiluap
The trivia in the game is pretty good, varied, and not overly difficult. One minute you'll be asked to remember something from the TV show, Friends, the next be asked about Miles Davis, Avogadro's Number, and so on.

So it's basically "You Don't Know Jack," but instead of witty/dry humor, they just shove some tits in your face.

As a proposal? Awesome, but the truth of the matter is that I can get this stuff for free thanks to Google. :p

Top Bottom