• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(IGN)MGS3:Snake Eater for Xbox?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
GTA: SA for Xbox by July '05
MGS: SE for Xbox by April '05

Both will sport slightly better graphics, but not much else.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm much more interested in Amped 3 at Xbox 2 launch personally. Strangely I thought Salt Lake City MGS was for sale ? I enjoyed both Links 2004 and Amped 2 so I'd be very happy if IGN was right.

open_mouth_ said:
GTA: SA for Xbox by July '05
MGS: SE for Xbox by April '05

Both will sport slightly better graphics, but not much else.

April 2005? Comon now. Not before October and November for BOTH games IMO.

Littleberu said:
April 2005? Comon now. Not before October and November for BOTH games IMO.

If Xenon is actually coming out next year, it wouldn't make any sense to wait that long to release MGS3 and GTA:SA on the Xbox. Both will probably be released during the first half of 2005.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
If Xenon is actually coming out next year, it wouldn't make any sense to wait that long to release MGS3 and GTA:SA on the Xbox. Both will probably be released during the first half of 2005.

I hope for you they will (well if you don't have a Ps2 that is) , but it's just wishfull thinking right now really.

Littleberu said:
I hope for you they will (well if you don't have a Ps2 that is) , but it's just wishfull thinking right now really.

A. I have a PS2
B. I'm not interested in either game
C. A first half 2005 release for both games just makes the most sense. It's not wishfull thinking.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
A. I have a PS2
B. I'm not interested in either game
C. A first half 2005 release for both games just makes the most sense. It's not wishfull thinking.

Yeah but you know, it's not like they will bother releasing both games on an almost "dead"(dead is a big word though) platform already. They just won't bother IMO if the Xenon is really coming out in 2005.

Littleberu said:
Yeah but you know, it's not like they will bother releasing both games on an almost "dead"(dead is a big word though) platform already. They just won't bother IMO if the Xenon is really coming out in 2005.

Well Rockstar already has an audience on the Xbox with the double pack and Konami could just outsource it again (like they did with MGS2) and basically gets a free PC port in the process. I could definately foresee both games coming out next year.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
AFAIK, Sony has paid for an exclusivity of MGS3, and what they call 'exclusive' means at least 1 year of exclusivity. At least that's how it's always been so far.

I have no idea about GTA:SA but I wouldn't be surprised if it's exclusivity expires in less than a year, as it was announced to be 'premiered' exclusively on PS2 - actual word 'exclusive' was not used.

bitwise

Banned
Marconelly said:
what they call 'exclusive' means at least 1 year of exclusivity. At least that's how it's always been so far.
QUOTE]

I dont recall waiting a year to play prince of persia on my xbox.

Solid

mgs3_e3.jpg

------

NEW SCAN!

mgs3mag.jpg

Hotbabes :)

+1 Kojima

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ah, I see. Well, I have no idea about SCEE operations in that regard, but SCEA people have handled things that way so far. I remember that at every E3 where they announce games to be exclusive (like MGS2, GTA3, VF4, etc) that means at least one year. They did the same thing for MGS3 last year.

Solid

bitwise said:
and then a few months after that we got the PC announcement. lol
Get your stories straight. MGS3 WASN'T ANNOUNCED FOR PC! IGN made that one up (like this apparently...)

bitwise said:
and then a few months after that we got the PC announcement. lol

yeah lololol stfu, there wasn't any PC announcement at all. It's just IGN is listing a PC version without any proof. And by the way, Prince of Persia and BG&E were secured as PS2 exclusive till the end of 2004 by SCEE, like Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six 3 were Xbox exclusive till the end of the year. Those 4 were planned (and in case of PoP and BG&E released in the same time in other regions) as multiplatform games from the beginning on though, while there was no mention of words like "other platforms", "Xbox" or "PC" from Konami's side in connection with MGS3 at all, being it unofficial or as a hint. Uninformed fagboys are the worst ones.

No denying that both will sell 5 x more on the PS2. However, in the end the Xbox will really have a great lineup of games for those that like to play old systems. Adding these two to the lineup will be great. I'll get GTA: SA on the Xbox. Not really much of a MGS fan.

I'll get GTA: SA on the Xbox.

And I think it's stupid. What's the point of buying the same game, 8 months later, with only minor update, while you can have it while it's hot. Sorry I just can't understand.

cvxfreak

I don't know why Konami's even going to bother with MGS3 on Xbox. Substance sold poorly, and there won't be a Japanese release to help Konami recover the costs of development. Porting over Snake Eater to Xbox must also require some gigantic redoing of the game's code. Of course, Konami did decide to bring over Silent Hill 4, so I guess the lack of a Japanese release and a small amount of sales must be good enough for them.

OXM also reported that Snake Eater would appear on the Xbox. Unless Sony signs off on a contract, paying Konami a large sum of money. But this rumor from OXM was from quite a while ago.

GTA:SA I can easily see being ported over, but I just don't see MGS3 having the staying power. People are going to play the game, watch the cut-scenes and forget about it (for the most part).

Top Bottom