• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: System exclusives --Console Showdown - PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360

theBishop said:
The decision to not count 360+PC "exclusives" hurts.
Good point. MS intentionally created a nice mostly-unified PC/360 dev environment in order to attract those that wanted multi-platform sales without the cross-platform development headaches.

And the ps3 only had GT5P and Haze up until June this year! :lol

This was a great year for the ps3, and next year will be even better. The exclusives start early, with Killzone 2 in February and InFamous and White Knight Chronicles (assuming it gets localized in any sort of a timely fashion) soon thereafter.

Though I'm sad that IGN gave the shaft to Mario Kart Wii. Most review sites do, though. :(

speculawyer said:
Good point. MS intentionally created a nice mostly-unified PC/360 dev environment in order to attract those that wanted multi-platform sales without the cross-platform development headaches.
But in the end, they are indeed multiplatform.

*goes back to playing Left4Dead despite not owning a 360*

speculawyer said:

What game in 2008 that was exclusive to PC/360 was not put on there?

EDIT: nevermind, just read Left 4 dead, which I can't really disagree with because that was designed as a PC game first. Now, if this was 2007 and they left off Mass Effect, than I would say it's unfair.

And I think many people have stated (including me) that you buy the 360 for multiplatform games as they perform better and xbox live, and that the ps3 has better exclusives.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
makingmusic476 said:
And the ps3 only had GT5P and Haze up until June this year! :lol

This was a great year for the ps3, and next year will be even better. The exclusives start early, with Killzone 2 in February and InFamous and White Knight Chronicles (assuming it gets localized in any sort of a timely fashion) soon thereafter.

Though I'm sad that IGN gave the shaft to Mario Kart Wii. Most review sites do, though. :(

Localization is already underway and has been for some time.

tabsina

Linkzg said:
something's flawed alright...

and saying 'exclusive' games only is such a bitch out

i meant in the must buy list (which only included Super Smash Bros Brawl Melee and Zack and Wiki)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
H.Cornerstone said:
So when do you think it will come out in NA? Will that be Sony's June release this year?

If I were to make a guess, I'd say March or April. More likely April.

knitoe said:
Wow.

GoW 2 8.9 vs Resistance 2 9.3

:lol

hmm, don't see why thats so funny

Oh wait you are paying attention to the scores, don't do that. Use your own mind and remember the right to opinion.

Jaroof

knitoe said:
Wow.

GoW 2 8.9 vs Resistance 2 9.3

I'd actually agree with this. I was never really a fan of Gears. Just wasn't my type of game...I tried to play the campaign multiple times, but it just wasn't for me.

DiddyBop

GenericPseudonym said:
Disclaimer: This is IGN Australia not the real one.

and its just a matter of opinion. xbox live has really opened my eyes to multiplayer experience,especially the new party system the 360 has. and the 360 has the best multiplayer games by far.

alr1ghtstart said:
14l1uyx.gif

irrelevant gif before system warz
:lol best gif ever

Woo-Fu

Banned
This follows my purchasing habits and highlights why I only bought 2-3 360 games this year. If I'm fairly sure it will come out on PC it doesn't make any sense to me to pay more for less(the 360 version).

Kibbles said:
WTF? They gave Gears 2 a 9.5, why did they use the AU review? Why are all the reviews mixed? >_> Not fair. *cries*

If you would actually take the time to read the article (I know, that's asking a lot), the article, done by the IGN AU Guys, explicitly states that they will use the AU score unless there isn't one, due to the fact that it's a AU article for people like in AU, and they have different tastes and opinions from us.

And towards greyman, again if you read the article, you will see that they state they are not talking about PSN games in this article.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This whole piece is all kinds of stupid, which is par for the course at IGN. I don't even know why I clicked on this thread.

Well we can all agree on one thing, this was another great year for gaming. A treat if you owned and of the consoles.

Plenty of quality oozing out at every corner. 09 looks just as good.

Durante

They let PS3 win without even mentioning Wipeout HD or Disgaea 3? Well, at least they realize Valkyria Chronicles is a must buy.

Nathan Rain said:
Exclusivity is overrated.
Huh? it's the only reason to own more than one system.

COMPLETE BULL

Must-Buy Wii Exclusives of 2008:

--- -----

Must-Buy Xbox 360 Exclusives of 2008:

Fable II
&
Gears of War 2
&
Left4Dead

Must-Buy PS3 Exclusives of 2008:

MGS4
&
LBP

If resistance 2 is a must buy so is every other mediocre shooter out there

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
tigeroreilly said:
COMPLETE BULL

--- -----

pwnt nintendon't y does video game site even cover tehm when they don't make gaems!? lol waggle is so bad once i had a bop it thing when i was a kid that's basically teh wii people say "cool" but then u by it and u never use it again except once in a year or so you just waggle ur hand and tehn put it back or sell it to a dust farm lol

ne way just wanted to reply to u to say kudos and accolades to u for droppin truth bombs on ig$n

Durante said:
Huh? it's the only reason to own more than one system.

Not if you want to be able to choose the best version of multi-platform games.

Also, online gaming with different communities. I'll always own the system that most of my friends own even if it doesn't have exclusives that I want.

Jaroof

Stumpokapow said:
pwnt nintendon't y does video game site even cover tehm when they don't make gaems!? lol waggle is so bad once i had a bop it thing when i was a kid that's basically teh wii people say "cool" but then u by it and u never use it again except once in a year or so you just waggle ur hand and tehn put it back or sell it to a dust farm lol

ne way just wanted to reply to u to say kudos and accolades to u for droppin truth bombs on ig$n

..........what???:lol

tigeroreilly said:
COMPLETE BULL

--- -----

Fable II
&
Gears of War 2
&
Left4Dead

MGS4
&
LBP

The opening summary of your post is apt.

tigeroreilly said:
COMPLETE BULL

--- -----

Fable II
&
Gears of War 2
&
Left4Dead

MGS4
&
LBP

:lol You're a sad person. R2 is not mediocre and more than one place has run articles recommending it over Gears 2. But still its a just opinions stop taking it so seriously. Also many PS3 owners think Valkyria Chronicles is a must have.

You think R2 is mediocre but some would call Fable II a pretty feeble game, grow up and stop being such a child. Learn opinion or the world is going to punch you in the face.

Durante

tigeroreilly, by removing Valkyria Chronicles from the PS3 must buy list you have shown yourself to be even more clueless than IGN. Quite an impressive feat.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Not if you want to be able to choose the best version of multi-platform games.
If there was no exclusivity that would be easy: always buy the PC version.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So... what do you guys think 2009 will be?

Also, I'm surprised DS and PSP weren't thrown into the mix- they received quite a few games worth mentioning.

Andrex said:
So... what do you guys think 2009 will be?

Also, I'm surprised DS and PSP weren't thrown into the mix- they received quite a few games worth mentioning.

What do you mean? What would make a list like this?

Too early to tell.

Calcaneus

tigeroreilly said:
COMPLETE BULL

--- -----

Fable II
&
Gears of War 2
&
Left4Dead

MGS4
&
LBP

Yes! Yes! Carry on, this is so exciting!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Durante said:
If there was no exclusivity that would be easy: always buy the PC version.

This. That's probably why they left PC games off the list. Its either exclusive or its not.

My question is on skate it for Wii, isnt that sort of the same as Skate except for Wii? Would those games be considered exclusive in general?

Top Bottom