• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Halo 2 Week

From Hil:

Many people have asked, so here is the rundown of our week with Halo 2. This is only a few planned things. We hope to have other coverage as well. Basically, we don't care about work this week, we are just playing Halo 2 like all of you. (Actually, we will have coverage of other games as well, just not much).

Sunday @ Noon PST
Doug's Halo 2 Review
Halo 2 video review
New single-player/multiplayer movies and screens

Monday
Hil's Review
Halo 2 multiplayer walkthrough -- Bungie provides commentary and tips on two maps with direct-feed
GameCom Halo 2 headset review

Tuesday
Coverage from Halo 2 launch
IGN's Halo 2 bash (us playing all day, yay!)
Hil's game -- See me play a match on Live then disect it using Bungie.net

Rest of Week
IGN Editors offer their takes on Halo 2
Keyboard vs. Controller - A tournament to determine if using a keyboard and mouse truly provides an advantage
And much more...

xdoggy2.jpg

lexi

Banned
I look forward to IGN's Katillsday feature: 'Watch how much we can milk Halo 2 for Advertising Revenue'

Society said:
2 reviews?

Halo 2 can get 2 10s from IGN. :lol Only on IGN.

Nah. Hil's not giving it a score.

My review won't have a score. To me, Halo 2 is beyond a score. :) Doug's will be the official review. Mine will be the unofficial review that talks about Ewoks, Electric Boogaloo and how Halo 2 compares to GTA: SA.

Mrbob said:
Awesomeness of Haloness is almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, can't wait to read Hilarys review.

You know, I'm kinda curious about all the H2 reviews hitting the internet tomorrow at noon but I'll be damned if I'll actually read any until after I finish the game for myself. It's not that I'm not interested to see the scores , but knowing my luck the one random review I would read would have some ass cock journalist littering it with spoilers.

I'm on a Halo 2 information fast until Monday at midnight.

Mrbob

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
You know, I'm kinda curious about all the H2 reviews hitting the internet tomorrow at noon but I'll be damned if I'll actually read any until after I finish the game for myself. It's not that I'm not interested to see the scores , but knowing my luck the one random review I would read would have some ass cock journalist littering it with spoilers.

I'm on a Halo 2 information fast until Monday at midnight.

I think the review texts will be pretty safe. Sounds like Bungie has these reviews on spoiler lockdown.

Mrbob

2 DAYS, 3 HOURS OMFGJALLJFJEOAJFOEAOJOFEWOJFLELEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111

Ugh. Anticipation for this game is driving me crazy!!! ME WANTS. ME NEEDS.

Mrbob said:
I think the review texts will be pretty safe. Sounds like Bungie has these reviews on spoiler lockdown.

Bah! I'm still avoiding it. Ever since the street date broke, I'm a little on edge on clicking anything with Halo 2 in the title.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Mrbob said:
2 DAYS, 3 HOURS OMFGJALLJFJEOAJFOEAOJOFEWOJFLELEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111

Ugh. Anticipation for this game is driving me crazy!!! ME WANTS. ME NEEDS.
So wait, you do not have it?

Mrbob

Bah! I'm still avoiding it. Ever since the street date broke, I'm a little on edge on clicking anything with Halo 2 in the title.

Same here. I'm avoiding that Official Halo 2 thread right now like the plague. :p But my curiosity will probably be too piqued to miss out on reading the reviews.

For you number crunchers, IGN is also posting an official review WITH NUMBERS tommorrow to fit your needs. Hil is just doing an unofficial review.

Well here's an online review that I can look at 'cause it's from Norway and I don't have a fucking clue to what they're saying. It looks like it got a 6 out of 6 on the craps dice scale. Those loons.

LINK

1099753431.58241.jpg

muppets_SwedishChef_th.jpg

"Jeg tror du skjønner hvor jeg vil. Halo 2 er en genial spillopplevelse. En umiddelbar klassiker. "

Exactly.

SantaC

Well here's an online review that I can look at 'cause it's from Norway and I don't have a fucking clue to what they're saying. It looks like it got a 6 out of 6 on the craps dice scale. Those loons.

LINK

1099753431.58241.jpg

muppets_SwedishChef_th.jpg

"Jeg tror du skjønner hvor jeg vil. Halo 2 er en genial spillopplevelse. En umiddelbar klassiker. "

Exactly.

well I know norwegian so it says: i think you feel the way i do. halo 2 is a genius experience. A classic.

My review won't have a score. To me, Halo 2 is beyond a score. Doug's will be the official review. Mine will be the unofficial review that talks about Ewoks, Electric Boogaloo and how Halo 2 compares to GTA: SA.

They actually compare Halo 2 to GTA:SA? Might as well bring out the popcorn.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
GaimeGuy said:
Halo 2 week? Give me a fucking break. -_-
Haha my sentiments exactly. Rabid fanboys ahoy! I'm not suckered in by the silly hype and extreme willy shaking bukkake excitement towards Halo or Zelda or whatever. I'll play the game and be happy that I was able to experience it, pushing it as the holy grail of the world towards others is silly.

Mrbob

dorio said:
Wow, such bitterness over a game.

Indeed. But honestly, who cares what the bitter people think! IGN is doing this for the Halo fans which outnumber the hatas in droves.

ChrisReid

speedpop said:
Haha my sentiments exactly. Rabid fanboys ahoy! I'm not suckered in by the silly hype and extreme willy shaking bukkake excitement towards Halo or Zelda or whatever. I'll play the game and be happy that I was able to experience it, pushing it as the holy grail of the world towards others is silly.

Well.. some of these people are actually gonna play this thing five days a week for the next year or two. It is the holy grail of gaming to a small percentage of the people here.. And it'll be the best thing in a while to a whole bunch of others.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
morbidaza said:
Is that what the cutscenes look like? That's unreal. How far off are the charachters in gameplay?
Yeah this is from a realtime cutscene. I honestly can say the cutscenes are the most amazing realtime stuff I've ever seen on a console. Except for the annoying textures problem at scene changes, it's incredible how it looks ever better than a lot of CG scenes from other games.

LINK
"Star Wars" of our times, "Better than Far Cry and Doom 3".

woah, I'm great at norway :p

Kon Tiki

Banned
pilonv1 said:
Thats one more 10 than Metroid Prime 2 got in EGM! ZING!
I will take an honest review over IGNs numbers. (Matt can give Metroid Prime 10 ounces of cum for all I care, IGN is worthless).

Lakitu

st5fu
Excellent :D So in how many hours will the GS and IGN reviews go live? I live in England and I'm not sure exactly what time they're supposed to go up.

Top Bottom