• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Katamari Damacy Review...

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
katamari_032304_000.jpg

BUY ME!

Stop damning us for turning you fools on to one of the greatest games to come along in years. "Having" to buy this game is not a burden. It's a blessing, god dammit.

And btw the IGN review is a complete failure, despite the fact that it basically heaps praise all over the game. Unfortunately it's so convoluted and poorly constructed that I can't see anyone who is unfamiliar with the game deriving anything other than total confusion from it. It is still not OK to like IGN this week. Especially considering that they devoted about 3 sentences to the soundtrack, and - count em - 7 paragraphs to a typically horrible attempt at humor that prefaces the actual review.

Matlock

Banned
I'm going to play it sometime in October, as I am currently sans PS2.

Katamari Damacy could be a contender for GOTY in my playlist, right after Psi-Ops!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I knew there was something I've been forgetting to preorder.

Thanks for the reminder. It's all good now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
10 Sound
This is it. Given what it is and what it sets out to do, Katamari Damacy offers an utterly perfect collection of effects, music, and voices. Simply outstanding.

Belfast

MetatronM said:
10 Sound
This is it. Given what it is and what it sets out to do, Katamari Damacy offers an utterly perfect collection of effects, music, and voices. Simply outstanding.

Bin-Bin-B-Bin-Bin-Biiiin!

Chrono

Banned
I have mine pre-ordered with overnight delivery so it'll arrive the day I take a chemistry midterm. It's gonna be a great night. :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow, i hate jumping on the GA bandwagon, but i have to pick this up

Solid

Cool! I guess GS will rate this 7.9 or something. I don't think a single PS2 exclusive game has got over 9 this year. Or at least in the last six months.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
AniHawk said:
Katamari Damacy + Fable + Donkey Konga + Bone One Volume Collection + Paper Mario 2 = :D for the next month.

add doau, gradius v, alien hominid, smt:noct, vj2, and cmr05 too :)

AniHawk

op_ivy said:
add doau, gradius v, alien hominid, smt:noct, vj2, and cmr05 too :)

That would be :D :D for the next two months, and then I'd have to add more October/November stuff. Plus there's Phantom Brave, SMT:N, DDS, and tons of other games...

Best year in gaming since 1998... perhaps even better.

Ozchin

I'm buying a PS2 for this game.
KATAMARI ROCKS!!!

...if only Sony would make a Katamari Green PS2 instead of the Sakura Pink.

Top Bottom