• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Nintendo DS site up

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't understand why they put these things up so early. Same happened with all systems since the DC. It'll go through a long stretch of receiving no updates and just sucking up bandwidth.

Oh well, all DS info centralized in one place. ;p

Stryder

What is this??
From this article: http://ds.ign.com/articles/541/541727p1.html
According to Nintendo: "We are still considering what colors of the DS to release, while also considering the production efficiency. We're thinking of releasing colors that are popular all over the world since the Nintendo DS will be launched simultaneously worldwide."
Simultaneous worldwide release?? Us non-US/JAP peoples can only hope..

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I really hope this isn't due to people bitching and moaning about the lack of a DS site while there was a PSP site.

Me personally, I don't think either should really go up until there is a constant and steady flow of information for each respective platform. Sticking it under the generic pocket.ign.com (which redirects to gameboy.ign.com) should be sufficient.

Wellington said:
I don't understand why they put these things up so early. Same happened with all systems since the DC. It'll go through a long stretch of receiving no updates and just sucking up bandwidth.

Oh well, all DS info centralized in one place. ;p
Just like what they did for the PSP. If anything that site still shouldn't be up.

Tenguman

TekunoRobby said:
I really hope this isn't due to people bitching and moaning about the lack of a DS site while there was a PSP site.

They were probably waiting until they got an official name.

Deku Tree

Tenguman said:
They were probably waiting until they got an official name.

IIRC, in some e3 interviews it was revealed that IGN thought that the Nintendo DS was going to be renamed the Gameboy DS and so they didn't give it a new page until now b/c last week the Nintendo DS was made official.

I hope Nintendo unleashes some major DS news in September. Like a full website, some previews and a far more comprehensive list of games. We're cutting it kind of close here.

Tenguman

evilromero said:
I hope Nintendo unleashes some major DS news in September. Like a full website, some previews and a far more comprehensive list of games. We're cutting it kind of close here.
Reggie said the promotions start in a couple of weeks

Does it really matter that it won't have many updates right away? Plenty of stories at IGN appear on multiple sites, so I'd guess that most news stories are just marked into different categories to tell which sites they'll show up on. Now there's a DS category. The only extra work involved for now is to come up with a color scheme and a few graphics, and mark a percentage of the news stories as appearing on the IGNDS page.

Top Bottom