• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iKub: Giant Kubric iPod holder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this over at randomurl.

Looks like it comes out in November, and will cost ¥5,000 (around $45).

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/newsDetail.asp?newsnum=407200085

040809.jpg

iKub3.jpg
922.jpg

AlphaSnake said:
Kubric...like Stanley? :\

Actually, I forgot the "k". It's Kubrick.

They're a line of Japanese Lego-type collectable figures by MediaCom. There's everything from Star Wars to Evangelion to Planet of the Apes Kubricks. The Metal Gear Solid ones are cool:

http://junkerhq.net/MetalGear/kubrickimages.html

There's also a line of "Bearbricks"... They're like the Kubrics, but look like bears. There was a cool Kill Bill Bearbrick that came in the Japanese Kill Bill DVD box set:

killbill.bearbrick.jpg

Edit: xsarien beat me to it...

Memles

Wow...those are totally awesome.

I'd say more, but I feel like a follower already, and any more praise would only make me feel worse.

yoshifumi

Banned
Saint Cornelius said:
I wish it had some kind of dock on it.... :/

other than that, though, it's unfuckingbelievably fly

wait it doesn't have a dock? ok nevermind now it's not as cool as when i just assumed it did

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Dude, that's an obvious REPLACEMENT for the dock. You can still plug the synch/charge cord through the bottom.

Mejilan

I never really understood the point of the dock's line out. Why not just use the headphone jack on the iPod itself?

Fusebox

Banned
Because if you're using a hi-fi or headphone amp the sound quality is FAR better than through the iPods weak headphone output.

In fact, amping the iPods line-out through my Meta42 headphone amp is the only way I can make it sound as good as my old Zen NX.

Mejilan

Fusebox said:
Because if you're using a hi-fi or headphone amp the sound quality is FAR better than through the iPods weak headphone output.

In fact, amping the iPods line-out through my Meta42 headphone amp is the only way I can make it sound as good as my old Zen NX.

That makes sense. I use it exclusively with headphones.

Sigh... no chance of this being sold here in the States, right?

Mejilan said:
I never really understood the point of the dock's line out. Why not just use the headphone jack on the iPod itself?

The kitchen I worked in this summer had a really nice stereo setup that allowed a CD player, boombox, whatever to be plugged into it. I plugged the dock into the wall and the and the stereo into the dock. It works a lot better than having a fairly weighty cord pulling down from the top of the iPod. And it looks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom