• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Im doing a semester in Israel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where will you be in Israel? Back in 1998, I spent three months up near Beit Shean and the Gallilee area on Kibbutz Nir David at the base of Mount Gilboa.

Chrono

Banned
KarishBHR said:

hamas.jpg

ccb6aa83ce352d.jpg

FoneBone

Personally, I wouldn't be too eager to visit Israel at this point, but despite the impression that some seem to have, it's now exactly a warzone.

KarishBHR

FoneBone said:
Personally, I wouldn't be too eager to visit Israel at this point, but despite the impression that some seem to have, it's now exactly a warzone.

thats entirley incorrect seeing how my stepdad has been there multiple times this year, and many of my older friends did the same program Im doing. Dont believe the media buddy

XS+

Banned
KarishBHR said:
thats entirley incorrect seeing how my stepdad has been there multiple times this year, and many of my older friends did the same program Im doing. Dont believe the media buddy
I'm pretty sure the 'now' in FoneBone's post is a typo for 'not'

xsarien

daedsiluap
KarishBHR said:

Take the media reports, take the anecdotes of people who have visited and left in one piece, and split it down the middle.

Enjoy yourself, but be really careful. I had a friend who went a few years ago with a friend of her's from home, and they were shot at.

darscot

I'ld be pretty stoked if I was you. There were allot of smoking hostest girls from Isreal when I was in Japan. From what I can gather they have some sweet ladies over there. Who cares what the political climate is just enjoy it.

darscot

xsarien said:
I had a friend who went a few years ago with a friend of her's from home, and they were shot at.

This kinda stuff always makes me chuckle. You could say the exact same thing about almost ever major city in the US.

xsarien

daedsiluap
darscot said:
This kinda stuff always makes me chuckle. You could say the exact same thing about almost ever major city in the US.

In broad daylight on a fairly crowded street? Most gun-toting lunatics in major US cities at least have the common decency to wait until after dark. ;)

Kola

KarishBHR said:
Second Semester this year... isnt that awesome!?!

Hmm, I can imagine a lot of better places to study. Paris, Barcelona, New York, Kyoto, Hong Kong, London. But have fun anyway. :)

Which city are you going to? I hope near the sea?

If i recall someone else from gaf went on some program thing to Isreal for a while, I recall pictures of him beside or even sitting on a tank. Seemed like religious propaganda if i recall

Much recalling have I done

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Good for you. Warzone or not, at least it'll be an interesting semester. I wish I had done something like that when I had the chance.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Excellent! Getting the chance to travel anywhere outside of your home country is a great thing!

bogg

Cool. Where are you gonna be? Maybe we can meet up, drink a couple of beers. And Israel isnt really a war zone, sure some places are dangerouse, but at the center (around tel-aviv) its pretty cool. Although I have to agree, Israel really sucks. But if you'll be here just for a semester im sure you'll have fun.

Vormund

Just keep away from known trouble spots and overly crowded areas and I'm sure you'll be fine.

I wouldn't mind going to Israel myself.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
dark10x said:
Excellent! Getting the chance to travel anywhere outside of your home country is a great thing!

Agreed. Of course, I picked up and moved there after high school. Lived there for four years, learned a new language and culture, met some of the hottest women EVER. It's a great, great place to study. What school will you be hooking up with? I did some of my learning at TAU. Rockin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom