• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

im off to cali for 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
plane leaves at 6:30.. going to visit my sister.

.. ill be landing in LAX.. will spend a few days there.. then we are going to drive up to San Fran ..

im pretty excited.. ive never been to cali.

i hope i see a bunch of celebs so i can point and gawk like a true tourist.

CrisKre

Dude! Thats freaky (well.. not really).

Im going to cali myself . Maybe Ill see you clubbing arround (or maybe not).

Anyway, I hope we get good weather.

Willco

Hollywood Square
When I was in California for most of May, I had a number of adventures that I feel would make a great movie. I think I'd call it, "My Adventures in California". It's catchy.

retardboy

Haha, is So Cal really that interesting? I guess I don't see it because I've always lived here... It's pretty dang boring for me.

STAY AWAY. WE DON'T NEED MORE PEOPLE IN MY STATE.

Seriously, take highway 1 up. It will be a good 3 hours longer, but it's the scenic route. While in San Fran, avoid the homeless people downtown, and if you can avoid the tourist traps, you'll find some great places to go. For some serious grub, and if you still have your car, might I suggest the Sunset district. Any kind of food you can possibly want... And it won't kill your travel budget eating out there...

rastex

Banned
When I was in LA somebody suggested that I go check out Rosco's House of Chicken and Waffles. Well I went there... and it turned out to be one of the greatest places of all time. Sure the amount of cholesterol I ingested that fine evening took a few years off my life, but every last damn bite was worth it.

Oh, and if you're able go to Korea-town and see if you can find a place that serves Chicken-GalBi, dear God is that stuff good. I had it 8 months ago and I'm still craving it. Other than that, LA sucks. Same with SF.

fart

Savant
the sam woo's by LA "chinatown" is pretty good. i've heard of rosco's too but i've never been there. pico ave, k-town has a lot of crazy shit too. i'm less familiar with LA though

there's a ton of good food in orange county if you know where to look. taiwanese and vietnamese esp. some filipino as well

there's so much food in SF holy shit.

retardboy said:
Haha, is So Cal really that interesting? I guess I don't see it because I've always lived here... It's pretty dang boring for me.

Yeah, those of us who live in So Cal can pretty much agree it fucking sucks ass.

B'z-chan

Banned
Error Macro said:
I know, I lied. I just don't want more people coming to California. It's getting a little crowded.

Damn right its getting crowded here.

quadriplegicjon: if you come up through Fresno California you should deffinatly stop by. I need a damn ride fool. Jk jk no dont stop here even if your life depended on it. Take highway 1 its a good extra 3-5 hours (depends on traffic) But if you want to get to san fran quickly take the 5 or if you really want to come by my town take the 99.

Hope you have fun while you stay here in California, its a fun place for the most part.

fart said:
the sam woo's by LA "chinatown" is pretty good. i've heard of rosco's too but i've never been there. pico ave, k-town has a lot of crazy shit too. i'm less familiar with LA though

there's a ton of good food in orange county if you know where to look. taiwanese and vietnamese esp. some filipino as well

there's so much food in SF holy shit.

Ugh LA's downtown is so fake. If you want real Chinese food, go to Monterey Park or Rowland Heights for something more realistic. I'm not kidding when I say that some of the best Chinese food in America is available there. Think of LA's Chinatown as some Americanized Chinese fast food places---not authentic and panders to ridiculous stereotypes of Chinese culture.

eggplant said:
Ugh LA's downtown is so fake. If you want real Chinese food, go to Monterey Park or Rowland Heights for something more realistic. I'm not kidding when I say that some of the best Chinese food in America is available there. Think of LA's Chinatown as some Americanized Chinese fast food places---not authentic and panders to ridiculous stereotypes of Chinese culture.

Yep, Alhambra, Monterey Park, Rowland Heights, Diamond Bar, City Of Industry... some of the best (because it's authentic) Chinese food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom