• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm ok! Hurricanes Suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I live in harbor heights, and unless you have been living under a rock, without power, and no tv/internet (like me from the 13th to the 24th) you probably know that a hurricane, charlie, which went from Cat 2 to Cat 4 (145+ winds) made landfall in my backyard, litterly.

Harbor heights was the second landfall point other then cayacosta. Harbor Heights is also next to punta gorda (on the other side of the harbor where the eye traveled). Deepcreek was also very badly hit, which is further east from here.

Anyway, we survived. My room, the garage and porch did not. Along with all the trees in the yard, many of which were over 15 years old :(
I don't have access to pictures right now, but once I have power i'll make a picture post.

The emmense power is hard to explain. We took shelter in a bathroom with no windows, as the winds increased, the drains in the sinks bubbled, the whole house shook, my ears popped. It was truely frightning. After the storm was over, we discovered that the door to the garage had just about given in. If the storm was a bit slower in movement, we might have lost the whole house! I'll probably write a custom guide to a hurricane, cause there are things some guides don't cover. For starters, from the shock, you just don't think!

Power should be restored by the 29th, which i'll be back then.
Its been a very long week and a half, but its very nice to make a post and come back to some civilization, if only for a short time. Anyway, enjoy your ps2/xbox/gamecube gaming :) I'll have to do some catching up, hopefully later this week.

On the bright side, my father is a builder and has many contacts, so it should not be too many months before things get back to normal around here.

Talk to everybody later :)

Matlock

Banned
shanehelms.jpg

Nice to know!

Loki

Count of Concision
Suikoguy said:
which went from Cat 2 to Cat 4 (145+ winds) made landfall in my backyard, litterly.

Most fitting malaprop ever, given the topic. :p

Glad to hear that you're alive and well...and that your father is making a killing on the ensuing clean-up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom