• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Import PS2 Suggestions

Mofo

Hey, thanks to a fellow GA-er I'll soon have a import PS2 system in my possesion, so does anyone have any suggestions on what to pick up? Or better yet, anyone have some import gems that you're looking to trade?

I'm probably going to try and pick up as much Dance Dance stuff as possible, my wife loves the genre and it wouldn't hurt to get off my fat ass every so often ;)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Espgaluda
Otostaz
Futari Fantavision god damn it
Beatmania IIDX if you're sadistic

haven't played enough of Venus & Braves to recommend it, yet.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Espgaluda is an overhead shooter, by Cave (Dodonpachi, Ketsui, Guwange)... it just came out and I think is more geared as something anyone can pick up and enjoy (unlike PS2 Dondonpachi Daiojou which is challenging as all hell but requires perfectionist technique to clear with any sense of a good score). Unlike the Shikigami no Shiro series (and Gradius V) it seems pretty certain this one won't be coming to the US anytime soon.

Otostaz is a weirdass puzzle game that SCEJ published a while ago; you can find copies of it (Chinese version at least) for $10 on eBay no problem and it's very much worth it. Simple gameplay mechanics, a lot to do, and a completely unique visual and aural style; I think it's fantastic.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I would have recomended Katamari Dymacy, but it will hopefully be in non-butchered form this september in english.

Mofo

slps25181.jpg

Drool...

Top Bottom