• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Importing an Xbox question

PhatSaqs

Banned
Anyone know if an asian Xbox would work over here? Would I need a convertor of some sort?

I'm asking because i'm helpless addicted to the Phantom Dust demo and I hear the Asian version is in full english. And since it doesnt look like it's comin stateside....

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why don't you just buy another Xbox and mod it, so that you can play the import (and use the other Xbox to go online)

Or just mod your present one and switch the mod off when you want to go online.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ah, I see what you mean... Or at least I think I see. You want to go online with Phantom dust?

In that case, I don't think anything is stopping you to just import the Japanese model. There *might* be a power converter necessary, but that should be very easy to buy, and you won't have any problems with the TV format, as they also use NTSC.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Btw, whether the power converter is necessary or not depends just on the power supply integrated in the console. If it's built to support 50Hz/60Hz (I'm pretty sure Japan uses 50Hz, and US 60Hz), there shouldn't be any kind of converter necessary.

Top Bottom