• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In a dilly of a pickle of a jam..help me decide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
package_ad_NFL_01.gif
VS
55-102-127-04.JPG

Nomad: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=55-102-127&DEPA=0

Sunday Ticket: http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/NFLSundayTicket/

Which should I get, since both is out of the question unless I want to not pay rent. FUCK FUCK FUCK. Someone convince me one way or the other.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Ninja Scooter said:
get Sunday Ticket, start charging your friends to come over and watch games, then save up and get the Nomad.

perhaps this is a good idea, but it could backfire.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
you know, I could more than likely get at least 4 people to do that...what would you say is a fair price, assuming they will be eating/drinking my food...

AntoneM

get the nomad, it should bring years of entertainment. well... yeah, 2 is about right, then you'd probably upgrade. while Sunday Ticket lasts for 5 months and is lost forever unless you get it again next season

to put it another way the price/entertainment ratio is better for the nomad than it is for the Sunday Ticket.

andthebeatgoeson

Eminem said:
you know, I could more than likely get at least 4 people to do that...what would you say is a fair price, assuming they will be eating/drinking my food...

Considering they'll be eating your food, charge 40 bucks. Or you could get away with not supplying them food and charge 25-30. If I knew one of my cool friends was gonna get it and I would watch games at his house every week, I wouldn't have no problem kickin in that sort of cash. Extra if we are real cool. And extra if he was gonna be supplying food. But then again, tell them to just bring over pizzas and you won't have that added expense.

What you really need to do is get about 6 people, charge them 25 bucks and I'm sure you'll get enough people and loot. Tell them that Sundays, they are welcome for the entire day.

SickBoy

If you love watching football, Sunday Ticket is the way to go.

I watch a lot of football over the 17 weeks of the season, and I thought it was great when I had it. My natural football feed -- seems to be for all of Western Canada -- is the Seahawks (who I can't stand). I've had satellite for the last couple of seasons which gives me a good variety of feeds, but I'm going back to cable and I might have to buy Sunday Ticket again.

It's great having the freedom to watch whatever game you want. There are invariably great games that fall by the wayside for broadcasts of same old, same old.

-SB

aparisi2274

Eminem said:

Well take the amount it costs for the sunday ticket, and then divide that by the number of games u get with the sunday ticket. If lets say it works out to like $10 or something, then see if they are willing to pay like $15 and u can get some food and shit for them to eat, or beer.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
well I put an advertisement in my AIM profile for $25....have three takers in an hour. So this will work out just fine I think.

GAF, Piston more specifically, I salute your ingenuity. Danke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom