• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In the market for a CRT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going the LCD route, but it seems like they aren't quite there yet. So, CRT it is. Of course I want that gives a great picture, vibrant color...ecd. I heard the Mitsubishi Black Diamond is the best CRT out there. The only thing is its HUGE...I have a cramped apartment, and a 65 lb monitor might not be the best thing to put in it. I still want a big screen though...but, I don't think I can have a big screen and small space CRT. Anyhow, if anyone knows of something that sounds like what I'm talking about, please let me know. Thanks.

Sorry buddy, if you want the best CRT, it's going to have to be the NEC/Mits Diamond Pro series :D Really though, I don't think you can escape the size/weight issue, it's just the nature of the beast because of the tube/electronics and all that glass is what makes them weigh so much. I've got the 19" model and it weighs on the good side of 50 lbs.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I think viewsonic has normal tubes and puts flat pieces of glass in front of it.

Reduces glare, yes, but not terribly great image quality.

Sony used to be the best at CRT image quality, but they left the market a few years ago.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Ah, the two lines. Yep, it uses trinitron tech.

But 22" is too much for me.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Cerebral Palsy said:
Yeah, $700+ for a CRT though... I'd pass. I believe I paid about $400-450ish for mine when it first came out, and I've been happy with it.

Yeah, if you look at that way

The way I see it, my current 21inch I got for cheap. However, its lasted 3 computers. (About 5 years). I stare at it constantly, it effects EVERYTHING I do, and since monitors have an expected life of 5+ years they will be around. Thats $140 a year for something you will probably be looking at for 20+ hours a week.

Suikoguy said:
Yeah, if you look at that way

The way I see it, my current 21inch I got for cheap. However, its lasted 3 computers. (About 5 years). I stare at it constantly, it effects EVERYTHING I do, and since monitors have an expected life of 5+ years they will be around. Thats $140 a year for something you will probably be looking at for 20+ hours a week.

Yes, and I've been very happy with my purchase. I haven't once wished I would have went with something else. The only complaint I have is you can see those two faint lines on the screen, which were mentioned above, against white backgrounds... But this thing has been awesome for gaming. The Super Brightness mode rocks for multiplayer FPS.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Cerebral Palsy said:
Yes, and I've been very happy with my purchase. I haven't once wished I would have went with something else. The only complaint I have is you can see those two faint lines on the screen mentioned above against white backgrounds... But this thing has been awesome for gaming. The Super Brightness mode rocks for online FPS.

Thankfully my current monitor still works (Although, you can tell its going and sometimes pops)
I've not decided yet, i'll look into other monitors including the one you reccomended

Suikoguy said:
Thankfully my current monitor still works (Although, you can tell its going and sometimes pops)
I've not decided yet, i'll look into other monitors including the one you reccomended

Don't look into something you don't want to. Go with that NEC/Mitsu if that is what you want. I'm not the one that'll be using it. I've just been happy with my purchase is all.

Suikoguy

Cerebral Palsy said:
Don't look into something you don't want to. Go with that NEC/Mitsu if that is what you want. I'm not the one that'll be using it. I've just been happy with my purchase is all.

Well, I don't like to waste money either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom