• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In what multiplayer game did you dominate?

My roomate just killed me in Double Dash. My defeat got me thinking about the good old days of Mario Kart 64, when my friends would bow before me as I guided Toad across the finish line.

So, in what games did you own your friends on a consistent basis? Mario 64 is about the only game on my list. I suck at FPS ( I blame my left-handedness), and I always loose in Madden (but it's only because my friends are lucky and the ones that aren't cheat).

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Wolf ET.

I consistently get around 70 mp40 kills each round as a Class 4 Medic. Not a play session goes by without some dick accusing me of having an aimbot.

evil ways

I used to be the WWF No Mercy ace back when it first came out, we had long, grueling matches between a bunch of us friends but I always won until they started being cheap by running away everytime I got a Special, or taunting after every single move to get their Special meter filled up faster.

Hooker

HLDM. Went 66-0 and 101-1 in a 6 player FFA at school with 5 guys who challenged me because I talk a lot of smack. It was sweet :D

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Original PS1 NFL Blitz. I regularly beat all comers by 3 or 4 TDs (after putting in the no catchup code of course). Damn it was fun to whip somebody's ass in that game.

fallout

I used to detroy people in Goldeneye (N64) with grenade launchers; I had a knack for banking them off walls. It got to the point where my friends wouldn't let me use one. There was also the scenario of License To Kill/Pistols/Basement that I was pretty good at.

Unfortunately, I think that's about the only game I've ever kicked ass at. I get my ass kicked in fighting games all the time.

teepo

quake2
starcraft
unreal tournament
counter-strike

i do dominate my friends pretty badly in halo 1 and 2. i don't dominate much though these days since i don't dedicate my time to a single game like i use to back when i was a teenager.

edit: forgot to mention i was pretty damn good at myth2 and ac pvp.

Deg

Banned
Goldeneye, Soul Calibur and Mario Kart. I used to demoralise people in those games. They used to end up saying the games were rubbish :lol GE for exmaple i once beat my most toughest opponents 20-0-0 :D These guys had done 00 agent and unlocked all the cheats. :D

Dilbert

Goreomedy said:
Wolf ET.

I consistently get around 70 mp40 kills each round as a Class 4 Medic. Not a play session goes by without some dick accusing me of having an aimbot.
I don't think that I'm exactly "dominant" in any game, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Enemy Territory. I used to play as a medic as well, and although I was an OK fragger, I'd like to think that I was a kick-ass MEDIC. If I didn't win "Best Medic" every round, I was pissed.

Eggo is outstanding at ET, though -- he could play any class, but I always remember him as an engineer with homing grenades. No matter where I seemed to be, he could nail me with those things.

pixelated said:
I own most of GA in UT2004 :) except jinx
Hah...thanks for the vote, but I'm way too streaky to be dominant at DM. :) I've been trying to work on my Onslaught skills, but I still enjoy DM more...even though it's infinitely more frustrating. I need to remember to turn on Xfire before playing...I might end up playing with more GA people that way. (I've been playing under .rEtr0fit. lately...so don't look for -jinx-.)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I thought I dominated Duke3d until I got bitchslapped by a 12year old kid in semifinals of my first and last ever game tournament. Then again everyone got their asses handed to them by that kid, he almost had more kills in the finals then the other 7players combined (all the matches were played in groups of 8 - ie. semifinal would be 16people in two groups and so on).

epmode

for a few months, i was doing very well with rainbow six 3, xbox. i have that game to thank for my ongoing love affair with live.

BenT

ThunderWalker CTF for QuakeWorld. I pretty much majored in it in college. :/

Best multiplayer game ever, though. Sorry, it's true.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
NBA street Volume 2.

I'm ususally crap at multiplayer games, but I so f'cking rule at this game its not even funny.

lordmrw

Star Fox 64. We had no intention of trying out multiplayer, but then we said what the hell and I completely owned everyone at it. Between that, Mario Kart 64, and Goldeneye, summer 1997 was the shit.

Soul4ger

I was a monster at Goldeneye. Was the only game I could ever talk trash while playing, and not watch my performance plummet, too. Unfortunately, my friends got sick of playing it with me.

SKluck

Banned
Duders, CS was my game back in the day. Started in beta 1 and played couple hours a day (sometimes as much as 8) for about 2 years. I'm still pretty good when I want to be, but nowadays I like to fuck around in FPS more than anything, people take shit too seriously... So it is nice to smack down a bunch of tards with a scout or kill 4 people with a deagle. Albeit the odds are stacked against me, but I like it that way.

HLDM, HLTDM, and TFC I was pretty good at as well. Never really got too into DOD though, though it was fun.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I was undefeated online in the original Jedi Knight, won some tournaments and whatnot. I was also pretty good at Myth 1/2.

FnordChan

s_Warlords_3.png

FnordChan

Blabala

My multiplayer sagas : Worms series, Goldeneye, Micromachinnes Turbo (N64), Mario Kart and recently the Mario Party and Winning Eleven series. Maybe the one I'm a real machinne is Micromachinnes.

COCKLES

being watched
robojimbo said:
Team Fortress Classic

Have I ever played you?

(hurls EMP)

Shame Valve have basically pulled own the trousers of the TF community and fucked us relentlessly up the arse over the last year or two. Where's TF2?! Where's all the big updates for TFC they promised? Fucking CS/DOD cocksuckers.

I own my friends in just about multiplayer console game for some reason. Except for Halo, because I don't have XBox and my one friend who did would own all of us. That being said, I bet I'd lose to all of you guys. I was pretty good at DoD for a while, since I played from beta 1.3 on. I stopped playing when the retail version came out.

I'm pretty good at HL mods predominently cs and dod and science & industry.

I'm terrible at unreal engine games, absolutely terrible

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Goreomedy said:
Wolf ET.

Are you in a clan or on a ladder? I can own on almost any server because most of the general populace are noobs. Try playing on Primers if you want a challenge. There will be no aimbot accusations, and chances are you will get owned.

Top Bottom