• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery |OT|

Yasser

duckroll said:
Maybe I want to play it in English just for kicks. What then?
41CFQmnFqJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
duckroll said:
"Worldwide" release schedule:

US = Sept 2
EU = Sept 5
JP = Sept 11
Asia = Sept 25

Come on now, thats not long to wait, what pisses me off is that europe doesnt have a release date yet for Tales of Vesperia, probably in 2009 or so i guess, NOW THATS RETARDED :lol

duckroll

batbeg said:
But... he knows Japanese.

It's funny that some people can't seem to understand that sometimes given the choice of a game in Japanese and English, and understanding both languages, someone might actually want to play a game in English. :)

It's really 50:50 here, if the JP version was the same price and came out earlier I would totally go for it. But given that it's going to cost much more than the Asian one, and seeing how S-E localization these days are really pretty good, I'll rather just wait 2 weeks and get it for cheaper AND in English.

Aeana

duckroll said:
It's funny that some people can't seem to understand that sometimes given the choice of a game in Japanese and English, and understanding both languages, someone might actually want to play a game in English. :)

Yeah, I get weird responses from some people when I say I'd rather have a really well-written English localization over Japanese in many cases.

Yasser

duckroll said:

It's really 50:50 here, if the JP version was the same price and came out earlier I would totally go for it. But given that it's going to cost much more than the Asian one, and seeing how S-E localization these days are really pretty good, I'll rather just wait 2 weeks and get it for cheaper AND in English.
i'm used to assuming the jp version of a jrpg comes out first. and trying to kill time at work

Blackjack

Aeana said:
Yeah, I get weird responses from some people when I say I'd rather have a really well-written English localization over Japanese in many cases.
But don't you know? The Japanese is always better, because it just is! :lol

Neil

GAME despatched my copy today. They've never been THIS early before.
I go on holiday tomorrow, so won't be able to play it til just over a week... *sigh*

Kweh

Neil said:
GAME despatched my copy today. They've never been THIS early before.
I go on holiday tomorrow, so won't be able to play it til just over a week... *sigh*

Are you sure it was despatched? Seems early for GAME, I did get an email stating my pre-order was being processed today though.

Neil

Kweh said:
Are you sure it was despatched? Seems early for GAME, I did get an email stating my pre-order was being processed today though.

Order status log
01/09/2008 17:43:26 Your order has been dispatched.
01/09/2008 15:57:30 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
01/09/2008 16:53:48 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
01/09/2008 16:37:21 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
17/07/2008 19:49:38 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

User2k

This or Tales! I can't decide! ><!

I probably won't make a decision until I'm standing at the counter with credit card in hand. :(

Neil said:
Order status log
01/09/2008 17:43:26 Your order has been dispatched.
01/09/2008 15:57:30 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
01/09/2008 16:53:48 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
01/09/2008 16:37:21 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
17/07/2008 19:49:38 Your order is currently held as a Preorder
Lucky you.

01/09/2008 18:33:50 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

:( c'mon game send it already :D

Mindlog

User2k said:
This or Tales! I can't decide! ><!

I probably won't make a decision until I'm standing at the counter with credit card in hand. :(
You and I both.

I've been in the Tales thread and I've checked some posts out in here. Can't decide. I haven't played a JRPG in forever, but I was hoping to pick one up tomorrow when I go pick up VP:TiP and Madden. I was also planning on pre-ordering Pure so I can get the demo for that. I only need 1 JRPG for now and I can get the other when there is a sale.

I can't decide!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
DevelopmentArrested said:
I cant decide..
this, Mercs 2 or Viva 2

Same boat here... I'm a good way through Vesperia and am loving it, but after this... do I get IU, SW:FU or be content with just spore? (getting Spore for sure). I don't like spending more than 100 bucks or so a month on games =/.

Kinitari said:
Same boat here... I'm a good way through Vesperia and am loving it, but after this... do I get IU, SW:FU or be content with just spore? (getting Spore for sure). I don't like spending more than 100 bucks or so a month on games =/.

Spore too.. ugh.
Vesperia is fun.
SWFU sucks.

batbeg

Wow, I wonder if the in-store Game's will start carrying them before Friday. Anybody know? I'll have to start prowling around there for the rest of the week, along with a bag full of games to trade in :lol :(

batbeg

GameKyo has posted up a bunch of new screenshots released from SE, including some really nice looking ones and some with some screwy looking faces :)

32zus5g.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Succumb to the praise and bought Tales of Vesperia. At least I have something to hold me over until this arrives. I am more giddy after getting a 2 hour fix of JRPG goodness with ToV. I hope I have it by the end of the week with Gamestop shipping it.

batbeg

There are a bunch of new and old videos being uploaded to youtube, most in shitty quality for something called mygamevideoz.com. I suppose they could all be old, but some of them seem new to me, including some clips of Sigmund speaking and whatnot. I'm not sorting through it, too much there and I don't want to be too spoiled either :eek:

Soooo close :D

alanias

Looks like the was an update for the Japanese site in the world and character section. Anyone know another good JRPG site/forum that's talking about this game? Everyone besides GAF seems dead silent about it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
batbeg said:
There are a bunch of new and old videos being uploaded to youtube, most in shitty quality for something called mygamevideoz.com. I suppose they could all be old, but some of them seem new to me, including some clips of Sigmund speaking and whatnot. I'm not sorting through it, too much there and I don't want to be too spoiled either :eek:

Soooo close :D
link?

Darkman M

Got tales and loving it and got this coming from amazon, between the two of them i should have my hands full until Fable 2 in oct:D

*edit
Probably been asked but what are the 5 preorder bonus items again, and what do they do?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
batbeg said:
GameKyo has posted up a bunch of new screenshots released from SE, including some really nice looking ones and some with some screwy looking faces :)
Those screens look great!

batbeg

Error said:

This is the one with Sigmund in the beginning. New or old? I know it has Gametrailers logo, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the user movies or official :-\ However GT is really slow for me.

Darkman M said:
Probably been asked but what are the 5 preorder bonus items again, and what do they do?

Icecream's Translation of the Community Blog said:
"Learning Coin&#8594;Experience Acquired +10%"
"Harvest Coin&#8594;Money Acquired +10%"
"Heart of the Mountain Ascetic&#8594;Experience Points Needed for the next level is Unattainable," and so forth.

The other two are unknown. The last one sounds awesome :(

Aeana

Rpgmonkey said:
Pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but "ewww" at that font...

Yeah. It's been used in a lot of games lately, too (FF12 :(). I don't understand why they think it looks good.

Llyranor

Man, since I've been constantly having to wait for my co-op buddies to be around in order to continue Vesperia, I've been really craving a singleplayer JRPG.

I might potentially pick this up a lot sooner than I'd thought (impulse buy?). Well, that or maybe Disgaea 3. Or maybe I should just go through my GBA/DS backlog. I still haven't touched Riviera or Yggdra Union!

Ah, choices, choices.

Tenbatsu

Rpgmonkey said:
Pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but "ewww" at that font...
It looks pretty ok to me but the 3D model of the faces of the characters looks just plain weird. The artwork is awesome thou.

Aeon712

I finally broke down and decided getting this game was the right thing to do even if I didn't have to play it till after Disgaea 3. Then I remembered Transformers Blu Ray and New Avengers come out tomorrow also :(.

Top Bottom