• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Initial D Live action movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=DoAvl=-

Hey bitches, I dunno if this is old, but I came across some info on the new HK initial D movie :D

Take a look see!
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49387

Media Asia Films has recently revealed its HK$100m manga adaptation Initial D at a press conference in Japan. The event was graced by a stellar guest list, including the film’s directors Andrew Lau and Alan Mak, as well as their Hong Kong, Taiwanese, and Japanese cast of Edison Chen, Jay Chou, Anne Suzuki, Anthony Wong, Chapman To, Kenny Bee, Jordan Chan and Shawn Yue. Mr. Peter Lam, chairman of Media Asia Group, was also present to support the gang.

ID.jpg

jay_chou__to_man-chat_and_the_legendary_toyota_trueno_86..jpg

Jay Chou is one ugly mofo, Chapman To is funny shit tho.

op.jpg

I don't know how these honky dudes are gonna pass as Jap dudes tho...

HAOHMARU

NO WAY...AWESOME! I really hope it doesn't suck and they stick with the anime theme...or even use some of the storyline from the anime.

Awesome...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Holy shit, this is cool stuff! I've recently been watching Second Stage, enjoying it quite a lot. :)

GG-Duo

sp0rsk said:
i fucking hate andy lau.

uh, is Andy Lau in this movie? that says Andrew Lau.

Chapman is a great casting choice. Anthony Wong will be his usual self.

everything else about this movie will blow.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
sp0rsk said:
i fucking hate andy lau.
Andy Lau != Andrew Lau...
...and Andy Lau is a god. So quiet!!

It'll be interesting.
I wonder if Jay/Jordan/Edison will have rap songs in the movie.. .

-=DoAvl=-

sp0rsk said:
i fucking hate andy lau.

hahaha, good luck, he's only in 95% of HK movies... hehehe (luckily for u, he's not in this one)

I bet anthony wong will be wearing sunnies in this movie as well. I haven't seen him in a movie where he doesn't wear those (style) sunnies.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
The%20Fast%20and%20the%20Furious.jpg

Initial D: The Live Action Movie

Seriously though, it's kind of an overrated anime with really cheesey CG sequences and fairly two-dimensional (hur hur) characters. I especially love the "tricked-out" US release...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
tedtropy said:
The%20Fast%20and%20the%20Furious.jpg

Initial D: The Live Action Movie

Seriously though, it's kind of an overrated anime with really cheesey CG sequences and fairly two-dimensional (hur hur) characters. I especially love the "tricked-out" US release...

I didn't think much of Initial D initially (rofl rofl), but it gets a LOT better in Second Stage. The characters got more character: Takumi shows (more) emotions, Itsuki isn't just an ugly annoying brat etc etc.

When watching the First Stage, I felt that the art direction was bad, but it's noticably better and more "serious" in Second Stage. The music is so much better too, and the CG sequences have been improved a lot.

The actual story has much better pacing as well, maybe because there's more racing and less silly romance and girl hunting, and maybe because it's only 13 episodes instead of 26? Either way, I think Second Stage is everything First Stage should've been. And even though it's not exactly the best anime ever, it's very enjoyable. And the music is amazing! :p

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Kiriku said:
I didn't think much of Initial D initially (rofl rofl), but it gets a LOT better in Second Stage. The characters got more character: Takumi shows (more) emotions, Itsuki isn't just an ugly annoying brat etc etc.

When watching the First Stage, I felt that the art direction was bad, but it's noticably better and more "serious" in Second Stage. The music is so much better too, and the CG sequences have been improved a lot.

The actual story has much better pacing as well, maybe because there's more racing and less silly romance and girl hunting, and maybe because it's only 13 episodes instead of 26? Either way, I think Second Stage is everything First Stage should've been. And even though it's not exactly the best anime ever, it's very enjoyable. And the music is amazing! :p

It seems alot of series lately kind of fall apart trying to fill the 26-30 episode void. I'm watching Wolf's Rain now, so hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case with it as well. So far it's got simply beautiful art and animation along with some really great music, hopefully the whole 'journey to paradise' thing doesn't stretch too thin...

-=DoAvl=-

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like that stupid Ekin movie... The legend of speed... the movie had its strengths... but overall it was a horrible young n dangerous: with cars.

Just wondering... if they're doing this movie in canto.. which I'm guessin they would, does jay chou even speak canto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom